Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#144281 - 03/02/02 11:52 AM lily's hotel and restaurant
kpjc Offline
enjoyed reading everyone's experiences....going to belize has been a dream of mine for some time...going in october this year...anyone have any input on lily's?

#144282 - 03/04/02 06:21 AM Re: lily's hotel and restaurant
ccla Offline
Can't comment on the hotel just yet --but the restaurant is very good, at least for breakfast! The fresh fruit juices, the fry jacks and johnny cakes -- ah, makes my mouth water just typing this!
I will be spending one night at Lily's Hotel on Good Friday, and will be happy to report back!
Have a wonderful time! Carla

#144283 - 03/04/02 07:02 AM Re: lily's hotel and restaurant
kpjc Offline
can't wait to hear back from you.i've seen pictures and read about lily's on their website. seems perfect for me. i like the fact that i can book any excursions right there, instead of it being pre-planned with a tour. they offer a reasonable air/hotel package. i plan on doing quite a bit of snorkeling, and possibly check out some of the ruins. any recommendations?

#144284 - 03/05/02 02:04 AM Re: lily's hotel and restaurant
trina Offline
We stayed at Ruby's, but Lily's does have an awesome breakfast! As far as snorkeling, if you are experienced and are the "adventurous" type, don't miss the Blue Hole. It's a long day's trip, but most definetly a highlight of our vacation last year (2nd yr. in a row!) Lots of fish, beautiful coral, ahhhhhhhh! It's about a 2 hour trip each way..it's way out there, but I really recommend it. If you are less experienced, try Shark Ray Alley or Mexico Rocks, which are just offshore from San Pedro. We didn't do any ruins when were in San Pedro. We had been to Tikal the year before, and felt that anything would suffer by comparison!

#144285 - 03/08/02 12:47 AM Re: lily's hotel and restaurant
cockatoo_lover Offline
We just returned from AC. We stayed at the Portofino (it was amazing!!!), but had some friends that stayed at Lily's. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but the rooms were not terribly nice. They were small and it seemed like an older hotel. If you're not planning to be in the room except to sleep, it should be ok.

#144286 - 03/08/02 05:18 AM Re: lily's hotel and restaurant
ScubaLdy Offline
Lily's is one of the oldest buildings in town. Just be sure and ask for a room facing the beach. 2nd floor would be best if you want some privacy. If you want everyone walking down the beach to stop and talk then take the ground floor rooms and hang out on the veranda. Everyone in town does. Yes, they are plain and simple but I choose it because 8 non-couple people were traveling together and they were the only place I could find that had two beds to a room.
Lobster Omelet at Lily's is a must. Rey and his wife run the hotel and are delightful people.
Harriette

#144287 - 03/08/02 07:10 AM Re: lily's hotel and restaurant
kpjc Offline
thanx for all your input...simplicitity is what i'm looking for...just a place to sleep and clean up....not planning on spending too much time in my room...i could stay home for that...lol!!gave my travel agent the go ahead, so if anyone will be there the week of oct. 8 - oct. 15, i'll see ya then....kerry

#144288 - 03/23/02 08:35 AM Re: lily's hotel and restaurant
kpjc Offline
just curious as to what the difference is between the beachfront rooms and the seaside rooms? can someone enlighten me? thanks...kerry

#144289 - 03/23/02 04:12 PM Re: lily's hotel and restaurant
Chloe Offline
View, Breeze, and Price.

#144290 - 03/23/02 10:09 PM Re: lily's hotel and restaurant
seashell Offline
Where are the seaside rooms located Chloe? Are they on the side of the hotel or do they look over Front Street instead of the beach?

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (dawg, 1 invisible), 42 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,361 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.