Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#144443 07/14/02 02:49 PM
C
CMNate Offline OP
OP Offline
C
For those of us that are fairly new to this message board, it would be nice if we knew a little about the frequent posters to the board. I know that some like to keep personal information to themselves, but for those of you that don't have anything to hide ( [Linked Image]) it would be nice to know the following:
Where you live now (city or state)?
Have you lived anywhere else?
How many times you have been to Belize?
Do you frequent the islands or mainland more?
When was the first time you went there?
When was the last time you went there?
When do you plan on returning?
If you dive, how many dives have you done? How many in Belize?
I guess that's probably enough info for now. Feel free to add any info you might think would be of interest.
Since I seem to be the "rookie" here I'll start.
I live in CA (Bay Area). I'm an "Army brat" and did 6 years in the Navy so I've live in 7 states (AL, GA, CO, NY, IL, FL, and CA) and one country (Germany). I've never been to Belize, but plan on making my first trip in Aug. I've made over 100 dives (it's been 7 months since my last).
Thats about it. I just thought I would post this and keep things interesting and hopefully add some more info to the perspectives that the readers see.

Nate

#144444 07/14/02 03:52 PM
L
L
Hi, I'm lovey(Judy) and my husband is thurston(R.B.) We started going to Belize in 1972,bought a home(fixer upper)18 yrs. ago. Did our do it yourself projects over the years until retirement 5 yrs. ago. We are now in San Pedro 9 mo. of the year and return to Indiana to catch up with our three children and 6 grandchildren. We are a retired surgeon and nurse and spend about a month each yr. doing surgical teams somewhere in the world. We are leaving this week for Argentina and return home to San Pedro in August. Look us up if you are there. We are usually at B.C.'s in the evening catching up on "As the Island Turns" and sharing our saucer of milk with the other regulars. Yes, we dive, but at our age forget all the places and how many times. Glad you all like Belize, it's a special place with special people.

R.B. Mernitz
#144445 07/15/02 09:33 AM
C
CMNate Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I probably will be flying down the morning of the 16th (red eye through Cancun). It will be a short trip leaving on the 19th. I need to check out some things and don't want to wait until Nov. (when my vacation was originally planned). I may have a couple of friends travelling with me and depending on how long they stay, we may be at Avalon (6 mi North of San Pedro) or Banana Beach (I've heard good reports about that place and want to speak to the owner). I'm beginning to think that Avalon might be too far North of town for us, but there's a friend that use to live there before they were bought out and he has a coupon for a weeks stay.I should at least have the flight booked by the end of this week.

Nate

Nate

#144446 07/15/02 10:17 AM
O
O
Well I will be staying at Banana Beach. I have talked with the owner and emailed lot of times. His name is Tim and he is really a good guy. Well maybe I see ya down there,let me know where you decide to stay.
Jackie

#144447 07/15/02 11:27 AM
(just what are you trying to say about me, jackie?!)

yes...i know the link [Linked Image]

pennsylvania all my life
3 times, 2x mainland
don't dive
38, 2 kids

#144448 07/15/02 11:58 AM
O
O
Jane, I am not saying nothing bad. I just thought that I would suggest that we had one of these already. You are the search pro and the ziploc bag queen,arent you? Please dont disappoint me and say no. Who else would I count on for such good advice.
Oh almost forgot I am 35.

#144449 07/15/02 01:09 PM
LOL! jackie, obviously, it takes a bit more than that to ruffle my feathers.

yes, i guess i am the queen of links & ziplocs. if that is my destiny, so be it [Linked Image]

life could be worse!

#144450 07/16/02 08:33 PM
Yeah, there's a pretty long "past" thread started sometime back that has alot of our profiles on it....Jane, if ya know where it's at..bring it to the top girl..i can't seem to find it??? C

#144451 07/16/02 09:12 PM
Steve Soma, the nut whose been waiting to get to you and who tries to sabatoge this board every time he can,will be delighted to read all your profiles and use the info he gains to your worst nightmares. That is why we don't publish your email addys.

I suggest you keep the info to yourselves.

Jim

Jim
[email][email protected][/email]
#144452 07/16/02 10:31 PM
Jim, please look at the Guest Book and delete Soma's stuff if you can.
Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.