Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#144574 - 07/24/02 02:55 PM Any news from Susangg and Xaloc
KJ Offline
Haven't seen anything from Susangg. Anyone hear from them lately and know how they are doing?
KJ

#144575 - 07/24/02 03:31 PM Re: Any news from Susangg and Xaloc
sweetjane Offline
she can be found on the 'about ambergris' board feistily defending her stand on animal cruelty.

#144576 - 07/24/02 05:29 PM Re: Any news from Susangg and Xaloc
susangg Offline
The last post on Xaloc (found at www.ambergriscaye.com/xaloc/ was about the day cruise to Caye Caulker and Hol Chan.
I am writing one on the sail from San Pedro to the Rio Dulce and hope to post it by tomorrow. I just got the pics back (sticker shock, yikes, I need a digital camera!) and will set up a photo page at one of the free photo sites soon. I have to cull through abut 300 photos to select the ones to post, it will take a while!
Xaloc has been repaired and will be in good shape for the sail to Panama in December. It will hibernate at Mario's Marina til then...

#144577 - 07/24/02 09:03 PM Re: Any news from Susangg and Xaloc
KJ Offline
Susangg

Glad all is well with you. I've been watching your Xaloc site but saw no updates and just wanted to know your doing well. I'll watch for you next writing to the Rio Dulce. Take Care
Kathie

#144578 - 07/24/02 09:31 PM Re: Any news from Susangg and Xaloc
Enigma Offline
Exactly how do you pronounce XALOC?

Thanks

#144579 - 07/24/02 09:40 PM Re: Any news from Susangg and Xaloc
SeaJay Offline
LOL....I'm glad you asked that. I've been pronouncing it zay-lock but I am usually wrong about things like this.

#144580 - 07/25/02 04:49 PM Re: Any news from Susangg and Xaloc
Enigma Offline
Well, I just hate to keep reading about something and not know the proper way to say it. I read through the whole drama of the trip and everytime I came across the the word I just muffled X-Loc, but that sounds too much like a very old well known medication! :-)

I figured, what the hell, I'll be the one to ask what I'm sure many have wondered. I'm not proud. LOL

#144581 - 07/25/02 05:12 PM Re: Any news from Susangg and Xaloc
susangg Offline
Izzy tells me that the correct way to pronounce XALOC is (phonetically) SHALLOCK

The word's origin is supposed to be Spanish (from Spain) but it sounds (and looks) Mayan doesn't it? It means "East Wind."
This is the boat's original name, we didn't pick it out but we like it.

#144582 - 07/25/02 05:41 PM Re: Any news from Susangg and Xaloc
BankerWoman Offline
Aw, c'mon. You guys ruined all my fun. Given Susan's occupation (and mine, as well so I'm not laughing at your expense, Susan)I was fantasizing that it was pronounced "Shylock". Now I find out it's a rather romantically-origined moniker. What a let-down this day has been ;-)

#144583 - 07/25/02 05:49 PM Re: Any news from Susangg and Xaloc
munichchick Offline
I love that name Xaloc! I knew it was Mayan from our trips down the Yucatan. In Mayan you always pronounce X like Sh and let me tell you there are a lot of words with X in that area. Now I even love the name more knowing what it means. Can't wait to read your Rio Dulce report and see the photos!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (reaper, katzgar, Jameela01), 35 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,301 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.