#144638 07/29/02 09:27 PM
NYgal Offline OP
OP Offline
How was your trip to AC ?

Had you been there prior to this trip?

#144639 07/29/02 10:24 PM
T
T
my trip was great...i have no valid complaints...i had never been before...but will definitely go back...probably just my homies, tho...

we stayed at vh and it was really nice...

i would like to go over to the jungle next time....maybe some caves or something...

eat more local food...beans and rice never tasted so good...

i would do several things different, but wouldnt take for my first go round...

thanks for asking and feel free to ask more...

peace

#144640 07/30/02 07:50 AM
NYgal Offline OP
OP Offline
You're welcome.
Did you go as a group?

There are many things that await the eye on the mainland.

We stay on the mainland and enjoy a bit of the 'people' and their 'foods' but spend a few nights on a caye as well. Food and snorkel.

Glad to hear your trip to AC was good. Did you snorkel or dive?

#144641 07/30/02 07:59 AM
T
T
only ma and pa went....and i dove the blue hole, half moon caye, and long caye...

i would really like to take a trip to the jungle next time, tho...ma's a little skiddish so probably wouldnt go

what do you suggest for mainland stuff?

t

#144642 07/30/02 08:44 AM
NYgal Offline OP
OP Offline
We stay on the seaside so I am not sure what the living in the jungle experience is actually like.
Many people like it, we haven't done it since we want to be on the water.

We drove a good portion of the country one year and enjoyed just seeing what is out there, hm.... I really can't give you good insight on what to do.

We did the Monkey River trip, it's boat and jungle walk. You can stay on the seaside and do day trips to the jungle, if that would make Ma more comfortable. It's not all buggy and snakey as people say it is. If it was, I would hesitate to return and we have been going for several years now.

Our time has been spent quite laid back and revisiting people we have met and as much down time as we can get. I wish I could be more helpful with the recommendations.

We stay in the Hopkins area, have stayed in Placencia, Corozol and in Cayo district. Just not in the jungle, sorry.

#144643 07/30/02 08:57 AM
T
T
no biggie...part of the adventure is not knowing...

been anywhere else in the world i should consider...

we went to cayman on our honeymoon and loved it...we will try to go there next with the kids..better beaches for them to play on...

but i really prefer belize..dont know why, just fealt right

t

#144644 07/30/02 09:13 AM
NYgal Offline OP
OP Offline
We have cruised the caribbean a few times, other than that, no.

Belize caught us and well, that's what we want now.

Oh, we are US, coast to coast travelers and do find narutal beauty no matter where we are.

#144645 07/30/02 09:33 AM
B
B
Toad and nygal: If your passion is the beach and you're not welded to international travel, take a look at St. George Island, Florida on the north Florida coast just west of the big bend. They call it the "forgotten coast" for a reason. The beaches are beautiful and nearly all to yourself. Fishing is great, lots of nightlife. Great places to eat and many daytrips available if you're so inclined. We visited AC in April and found it to be very nice, too. Just a very different experience from St. George that you might like as well.

#144646 07/30/02 10:15 AM
T
T
bankerwoman-
do you stay in a condo or hotel? with small kids, a condo would be our best bet! can you dive there? it might be a better place to go than cayman.....we loved ac, but not for kids until they get older......eryn

#144647 07/30/02 11:42 AM
B
B
toad: You certainly could do either as there are four small hotels on the island (1 very upscale, 1 moderately upscale, 2 moderate) and there are many condos for rent. The average visitor rents one of the MANY homes there by the day or week. The island is only 1/2 mile wide at its widest so most of the homes are on the water - either oceanside or bayside. I would recommend oceanside (of course more $) as you end up with a beautiful (and usually large) piece of beach all to yourself - even in the summer. As for diving, no. That's not to say that, in the 10 summers we've spent there, we haven't seen divers go out just for a glory-dive, but there's no reef or "attraction" per se.

If you want more info on SGI, pub your e-mail here and we'll converse off-line.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.