Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RobertE Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have experience negotiating a deal for two people for a weeks worth of diving on AC. Roughly 10-12 tanks's worth. I did a deal last year but it included lodging and I have that covered this go round.

We plan on going back to AC over Thanksgiving for ten days. I e-mailed a few shops but haven't got a response from anyone except Amigos Del Mar. Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by RobertE (edited 08-21-2002).]

D
D
e-mail us at

[email protected]

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
B
BC Offline
B
TAKE ME>>TAKE ME
I've had good luck dealing with Amigos
Have a great time

We've made the same arrangements with Amigos 3 or 4 times the past two years. They have been very gracious and COMPETITIVE each time. Besides all that, they are a fine shop.

S
S
It is neither necessary nor desireable to pre arrange daily activities (like diving for example) in advance of your trip. This is especially so in the slow season, when bad weather may influence what you decide to do.
My advice is just chill til you get to AC, then go to a few of the dive operators you have seen recommended on the board that are near your hotel, condo or whatever, and see if their trips interest you.
Many of them will give you a reduced rate for multiple trips and a discount because you are booking direct and they are not paying an agent's commission, especially if you are paying CASH.
We usually go with our friend Gerry Ack, at Sol Caribe (next to the Paradise Hotel pier) for day trips. If you want an overnight trip to the outer atolls, there are several to choose from, but you need to be there to check out the schedule and the weather.
When you pre book activities with travel agents you risk being stuck when the weather is bad. That happen to us the very first time we went to AC and we never did that again.
There are many reliable operators competing for your business and you need not worry about needing to book in advance.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
I agree with Susan. Picking a dive operator is like picking a dive buddy - you need to find a good match.
My experience has been that if you plan to do at least 5 days of two tank dives you can get a discount. AND - you do not have to sign up for everyday - as Susan said - weather is a factor.
Hang loose!
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.