Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14500 01/29/02 06:12 PM
OP Offline
Hey all,

I'm gearing up for another trip to Belize. Of course, I'll spend most of my time on AC, but want to check out Ian Anderson's place. For those of you who have been there, what would be the most highly recommended day-long adventures you have done? We're considering the black hole drop, cave tubing (there seem to be two or three options), and the night-time jungle safari.

Any others we should consider? Something we should steer clear of? What about the lodging there? Any input appreciated!

Thx,
IJ

KC Offline
IJ -
yes. steer clear of mosquitos carrying bot fly larva.

<shiver>

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
S
S
Do the Black Hole Drop and cave tubing.

http://www.roughwriters.com Smooth communications in all media
C
C
We did the Cave Tubing and loved it! We enjoyed our day trip so much, we will be staying at Caves Branch in April when we come for our 2nd visit. I heard that the Black Hole Drop was not to be missed, and that the waterfall cave trip was a favorite.

we did cave tubing and the black hole drop, both were great. the black hole drop was also nice cause it was a couple hour hike thru the jungle getting there. we really enjoyed that too.

was a great place, Ian Anderson's you will love it.

The caving that I did was not through Ian Anderson's so I'll apologize now, if he doesn't offer this excursion. That said, I also can't remember the name of the cave and I'm too lazy to go look it up, so I'll just tell you about it.

There is a 45 minute easy hike through the jungle. Quite beautiful, you wade across a stream about 3 times as it winds along and it gets you all warmed up for the cave. Eventually, you arrive at the mouth of the cave which is also the head of the stream that you've been wading across. There are great moss covered rocks near the cavernous entrance. It is very beautiful. You enter the water and swim in about 15'in approx. 15'of water until you are inside the cavernous entrance to the cave. Then you clamber up on a rock ledge. Your adventure has begun. There is a lot of hiking, wading, a little climbing and as you go you will encounter many beautiful caverns and chambers containing large stallactites, stallagmites, crystal falls and formations of immense magnitude and beauty. Further in you will begin to encounter the evidence of Mayan presence and artifacts that have been undisturbed since around 700 A.D. This all culminates in the deepest highest chamber, wherein lies the fully crystalized skeleton of a young female sacrificial victim.

When I started out on this trek it was with some misgivings. However, I have been exhilarated ever since. I highly recommend this cave experience.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
If you need help with booking your trip, please e-mail me at [email protected]. Or, you can visit my website at www.cayecaulker.org/traveltour.

Cheers,
Wendy Auxillou
Caye Caulker Travel and Tour

OP Offline
Thanks, everyone for your pearls of wisdom! I can't wait to experience all this!!!!!! (Then, of course, head off to AC where I will spend my time swimmin' with the fishies and lolly-gaggin' around town. 3 months & counting (every minute).

IJ

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.