Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#145348 - 09/12/02 06:49 PM Honeymoon to Beliz
brankath Offline
My soon to be wife and I are going to Ambergis Cave for our honeymoon, in the beginning of October. We are staying at Ramons Village.
My questions are, How are the accomodations at Ramon's? How is the weather like in the beginning of October? Is there any specific things we should bring on our trip? Any cautions anyone can give to stay out of trouble? Cool excursions to do? Anything else that someome can tell us about a trip to Belize? Thanks a lot.

Brandon and Kathy

#145349 - 09/12/02 07:35 PM Re: Honeymoon to Beliz
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Here's a report on Ramon's from someone who was just there -- I just got the report this morning. I think it's a pretty accurate overview of the pluses and minuses of Ramon's (though I disagree with the evaluation of the Belize Zoo.) There are also a number of comments and reports on Ramon's here on this forum -- just use the search engine (for the forum ONLY, not the general search engine) using the key word RAMON'S.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First www.belizefirst.com

>>

Hi, we just returned on Monday 9/9/02. We stayed at Ramon's and just loved it. I had emailed you
with a couple of questions and you answered them. I just wanted to say thanks.

We went with another couple and that is why we had picked Ramon's. We stayed in the Beachfront rooms. A little small but did the job. The showers need a little work on. Next time we go we would try to get the
upstairs unit just for the room. We did get to check in the Honeymoon suite - more room but you were right they wanted too much money. You did stay Ramon's was a little pricey, but we believe it is the location and the action. It seemed that all the visitors to AC from the different Cayes were coming to Ramon's bar.
We checked out some the other places and nothing was going on. Well, yes it is the slow time of year.

We loved the pier with the seats.

We did do a few things while we were there. One of the things I don't think I would recommend was the cave tubing and the Zoo. Zoo was hot and the poor animals was still confined too electric cages and nothing out of the ordinary. Too much brush that you could not see them. Except for the Howler Monkeys were pretty neat. Sorry.
The cave tubing was kind of neat but everyone said agreed we did it just so we could say we did it and will not do it again. We went to see the Sharks - Stingrays. Loved It! Went to the Maruba Resort and loved it. We were the only ones there beside another couple. Next time we go we will check out other places. But for our first time we just loved everything and the people were soooo nice.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for your Restaurant recommendations. All was soooo good. A lot of them are shutting down for a couple of weeks. They said they shut down during slow season and let everyone take their vacation.

Thank you
Liz back in TX

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (SFJeff), 48 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.