Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#146467 - 11/27/02 12:18 PM loss of a loved one
skullyboy Offline
I`ve been a voyer on the board for a couple of years. I`m just now starting to break out of my shell and starting to post.I want to tell ibanole and anyone else who has lost someone the love sorry for your lose. I want to ask you all how you get on and get over it? My wife has terminal cancer and will not be with us much longer. I struggle with this every day and question where i`m at and what i`m doing. She has had M.S. for many years and see`s this as a blessing.But sometimes I just can`t get over it or know how to learn to deal with it. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the downer thread. I know this should be an up or happy board.

#146468 - 11/27/02 01:18 PM Re: loss of a loved one
NYgal Offline
Continue to remember the good, and her peace will come to her.

You will have all the wonderful memories, and she still can communicate with you and help you begin the healing.
You truly are a loving person. She knows that.

May your Thanksgiving be a day that will be fulfilled with her warmth and your love.

You have a difficult task ahead, life is not kind.
Love is your reward. Hers too !

#146469 - 11/27/02 04:43 PM Re: loss of a loved one
ChrisW Offline
Given the infinite varity and complexity of one humans relationship with another and life in general, I would imagine that each time an individual losses someone they love the experience is unique. That aside, I will say from own experience that I am not sure that you ever really get over the loss. Yes, you will learn to cope with it, but the loss is always there..at first like a hand reaching into your chest and later like a string tugging on your heart from a distance.

My only advice would be to take some time to be sad...allow yourself to be sad. But don't let the sadness take control of your life. Continue on with your day to day activities and just let time do what it can to heal you.

#146470 - 11/27/02 04:55 PM Re: loss of a loved one
First, thank you for your kind words...
I won't go into anything on this board, but would love to hear from you privately. My edress is:
What I will say to you here, is that regardless of what you may read or be told, every situation is different. I know that when my son died, I heard the most awful things coming out of my FRIENDS mouths, and they meant well. "Are you OK?","He is in a better place","He isn't in pain any longer","You need to move on"..... etc etc My best friend even said to me "yeah, I know how you feel, I felt like that when my Dad died".... (What a stupid comment!!!) So seriously, arch your back and prepare for these things....
And to everyone I say.... Love those around you totally, completely and unconditionally for as long as you can. Thanksgiving is a great time to start if you don't already....

#146471 - 11/27/02 05:12 PM Re: loss of a loved one
Sandshaker Offline

#146472 - 11/27/02 06:11 PM Re: loss of a loved one
jkdiver Offline
This is one of the things I LOVE about this board. There is so much good will, love and support on it.
Thank-you to everyone for all that you contribute. I am usually a "lurker" but it alway's brightens my day to come here.

I have not personally experienced what skullyboy and others are going or have gone through, but I do know that there is lots of love and good wishes coming your way.

God Bless you all!!

#146473 - 11/27/02 06:46 PM Re: loss of a loved one
skullyboy Offline
Thanks all for the warm thoughts. This is a wonderful place with lots of good pepole. Thanks again

#146474 - 11/27/02 07:01 PM Re: loss of a loved one
ScubaLdy Offline
Sorry for the downer thread. I know this should be an up or happy board.

Thank you for sharing and you need not apologize because this is supposed to be a "happy" place.
These boards are meant to be helpful, not just sugar coated nicey nice.

Depending on the size of the community you live in you may have a number of choices of support groups. I know in my area there are many grief counseling services. I suggest you ask your wife's nurse about this as she probably knows more about it than does her doctor. If she can't help contact the hospice office. I hope you are making use of all the free services available.

No one can know exactly how you feel but I'm willing to bet she is as concerned about you as you are about her. Since the two of you have some time together it is something you might start together.
You don't have to do this alone and times like this well meaning family and friends are not necessarily the best people to talk to.

Please post to us, as you are able. cool

Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#146475 - 11/27/02 07:19 PM Re: loss of a loved one
skullyboy Offline
Thanks Harriette, I know that trying to get in with a group would be a good Idea, I`m just kind of struggling along right now. We`re thinking of coming back down to A/C around the end of January. We got remarried on A/C two years ago and have allways wanted to bring our son. Now would be a good time to just do it. Thanks again everybody

#146476 - 11/27/02 07:49 PM Re: loss of a loved one
Chloe Offline
Skullyboy, you have made the first important step, you are reaching out to others, with all your caring warm love, which will carry you forward.

I am so excited about your up coming trip to San Pedro, what a wonderful place for you, your wife and son to share precious moments, that will last in your hearts and souls forever.

Help comes to you from all kinds of people, even the ones that do not really know, or know what to say, they are trying to help you, and you will know that by the feeling.

You and your wife must have a very special relationship, and she must feel safe, having you in her life.

Here's wish you and all your family a wonderful
Dare To Deviate

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Marty, ragman, 2 invisible), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,728 Topics
461,283 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.