Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#146588 - 12/03/02 07:47 PM Honeymoon trip report
Abelizer Offline
Hello all,
Regretfully returned from wonderful San Perdo Oct 21 and had the best time. After researching the boards religiously we choose Ramone's for our honeymoon. It was wonderful. We stayed in Suite 1 and loved every part of it.
When we arrived we sat on the porch, enjoyed the veiw and drank our complimentery champayne. Not 5 minutes after arrived, Isla, a dog who adopted the suite came and joined us. The dog was great at first but as the trip went on, she would follow us everywhere and became a nuisance but we both miss her.
Since it was the off season, it seemed as if we were the only ones at Ramones which was wonderful. The grounds are unreal and I couldn't imagine anyone not floored by how beautiful the resort is. Our room was wonderful and there were NO FLEAS!!
Our first day we rented golf carts and rode around the entire island until we ran out of juice on the other side of the ferry. (We were told not to go over the ferry but I quess I missed that part) It was quite funny for us but I felt bad because the staff had to retrieve the cart after we made it back to the resort. Sorry!
The island is beautiful and the people are great. I have much more to say but my boss just called. Oh I wish I were there. I will continue later.

#146589 - 12/03/02 09:08 PM Re: Honeymoon trip report
Abelizer Offline
Please forgive my spelling. Our second day we went to Shark Ray alley w/ our guide from Seaduced, Sylvan. He was wonderful and made sure we had enough rum and Belikin all day. He took us to the manatees, an island built from scratch covered w/ animals, a peaceful sandy island to eat lunch and then Shark Ray. A wonderful trip that I would repeat when I return. We ate dinner at Fido's. From what I can remeber,it was great.
We rented bike the next day and rode to Cap'n Morgans. A beautiful resort with the best beaches I saw. Pretty remote but I would definately think about it when I return. We rode the road there which was rather treacherous. We found the beach route on the way back and it was much more enjoyable. We were pretty poopped when we returned so we lounged in Ramon's pool and drank Belikin
We met Elito, Seaduced guide, the next day to Lamania. He mas one of the most enteresting people we met on the trip. He had me looking for certain birds whereas I could have cared less about birds before. The trip was very well worth it but I would probably not go again since it was more educational than anything. Although Elito made sure the rum poured.
We stayed at Ramone's the next day and drank at the bar all day long. Very relaxing but expensive. That evening we got to see a taxi driver lure a 14' croc out of the water. Kind of freeked me out.
Our last day we went w/ Elito cave tubing. Very cool. A long day but well worth it. The most memroable part was on the way back on the mainland we took a detour and got stuck in a funeral procession in a graveyard. Very interesting.
San Pedro is a very unique place that I will never forget. It really doesn't matter were you stay, the people, atmosphere and enviroment are so wonderful that all you need is a roof over your head. Thanks to all the people on the board that helped me choose A/C. I cannot thank you enough. Can't wait to return.
See ya.

#146590 - 12/04/02 03:25 AM Re: Honeymoon trip report
Chloe Offline
Hoorah, you had a great honeymoon.
Thanks for saying we boarders helped with your plans. Now you must come back and answer questions for others.
You obviously enjoyed all the good things in Belize.

#146591 - 12/04/02 04:17 AM Re: Honeymoon trip report
Marty Online   happy
Thanks for writing Abelizer, it sure sounds like you had a great time. and like Chloe said, ya'll come back to the board now and then to help others do the same!!!

#146592 - 12/04/02 04:31 AM Re: Honeymoon trip report
Mexicana Offline
WOW!! I guess I can stop complaining now! That was an awesome report!! What is the thing about the ferry though??? I must have missed something? I agree, it doesn't matter where you go as long as you have a place to sleep the folks are great!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE TERRIFIC REPORT!! laugh

#146593 - 12/04/02 04:00 PM Re: Honeymoon trip report
Bobber Offline
I absolutely love honeymoon trip reports that use words like Belikin and croc and golf cart, and don't include love cherish and all the mushy stuff. laugh laugh laugh

#146594 - 12/04/02 06:09 PM Re: Honeymoon trip report
Abelizer Offline
Mexicana,
The first day Ramones gave us a cart and told us that we could only go certain places. Well, not knowing anything about the island, I tried to take the cart to Cap'n Morgans. Bad idea. We rode forever and then ran out of juice before we got back to the ferry. I'm pretty sure we damaged the cart also. We made it back to Ramones and they were not happy w/ me. It was rather comical but I don't think they thought it was funny.
I rented from another place the next time.

#146595 - 12/04/02 07:44 PM Re: Honeymoon trip report
Bobber Offline
We've rented a few times in town, and it was usually specified that if you take the ferry over the cut, and you run out of juice, there will be a retrieval fee. This is kind of hit and miss, as you can't always determine you have a full charge when you get the cart. We have taken them up to the Palapa bar, and then back south as far as the road goes and still made it back to town with no problem. On the other hand, we had one that made it from town to a few miles south and then back to town at about 2 miles an hour before it died. :rolleyes:

#146596 - 12/04/02 09:25 PM Re: Honeymoon trip report
Chloe Offline
Keep in mind if you load four adults on a cart, it will use up the juice much quicker. Having said that, we hauled 5 adults and had good speed and juice. If the cart is lagging when you first get it, take it back and exchange.

#146597 - 12/04/02 09:50 PM Re: Honeymoon trip report
Abelizer Offline
Well, I took the cart some places I shouldn't have. It didn't help that I was going through a foot deep of mud the whole time. Getting stuck and running out of juice, it was still a great time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Marty, 3 invisible), 48 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,074 Topics
462,343 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.