Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#147178 - 12/30/02 08:53 PM hey ladytree!
sweetjane Offline
YES! you & i went through the same flower-child teen years. also contributing it to being the nice person i believe i am. AND...(and this will blow you away), i played guitar as a teen. it wasnt f's thing ("i'm too tired, too busy to listen). yet, he bought me a guitar about 3 years ago, and i am an awesome singer too! when i went to bz, i actually emailed barefoot skinny, and his drummer friend, dale the whale, loaned me a guitar his FATHER MADE for 4 days, then i returned it. playing on the beach, just for me, was AMAZING!

i was born 1963, how 'bout you? i had my kids with as much drugs as they would allow me, tho. (a side line for deadheads?!)

anyway, fool i may be, i am trying to hold thing together with the marriage. we have 2 young kids.

just wish me luck, but i am prepared & strong, for whatever the outcome may be.

thanks for taking the time to tell me you understand. it is so special to know you are not alone in your feelings, and that even strangers understand how one can lose themselves in the course of trying to please another.

best to you, amd maybe we will meet someday.

#147179 - 12/30/02 11:22 PM Re: hey ladytree!
Chloe Offline
Jane, glad to see you sitting up taking nourishment. You are strong and a winner.
You know how I feel, by my private emails.
Play that guitar girl and sing daily.

#147180 - 12/31/02 12:43 AM Re: hey ladytree!
Grace Offline
Jane,
I'm a bit older and have been smile through much of the same. My only advice is to hope you can put up with yourself.,..and your own decisions...that's all you have to live with.

#147181 - 12/31/02 01:11 AM Re: hey ladytree!
toad Offline
peace to you

#147182 - 12/31/02 04:49 AM Re: hey ladytree!
Ladytree Offline
Hiya Jane! I'm a '65 model. Got a bday comming up in a little over a month. I have 3 boys 15, 12 and 8. We got to get together and jam! Your in Pa right? Im in Va. Im dying to hook up with some folks and jam. Its very strange being by myself after being with someone for so long. I was with my husband for 11 years and with my sig. other for 10. Truth be known this is the longest Ive lived by myself ever, and probably the longest that Ive gone without a man around and its only been a little over a month. Sometimes its good sometimes its not so good. I find that when my brain starts to go overtime I can stop the negative thought progression by playing music. Wish I hadnt laid it down all those years, but thank goodness its still here for me. Cant think of nothing else but the song Im playing when Im playing. So Im playing ALOT lol. I play mostly folky hippy dippy tunes some Dead of course, Buffett, Simon & Garfunkle and my new kick is Nickle Creek. Im hunting some bluegrass pickers so I can learn more of that style. I play by ear, cant read a lick of music. I got me some super callouses right about now. I agree its very nice to know that others can empathize with a particular situation. Its a rocky road but I sense light at the end of the tunnel.

Joneane

#147183 - 12/31/02 05:00 AM Re: hey ladytree!
Grace Offline
Ladytree..
you're in Va? I'm in GA. Your story sounds so much like mine....it can be very lonely sometimes. I'm just a bit shy when it comes to talking about personal stuff, but I would like to be able to talk with someone. (Anyone else out there with patience?) Hey, I'm on this board pretty often....

#147184 - 12/31/02 05:10 AM Re: hey ladytree!
Ladytree Offline
Hi Grace,
It surely would be nice if there was a chat function we could all utilize. Email me Ladytree@yahoo.com I aint got no problem spilling my guts anymore cause keeping quiet about it all is what got me so screwed up in the first place! Im a great listener too!

Joneane

#147185 - 12/31/02 06:56 AM Re: hey ladytree!
sweetjane Offline
yep. i've been outta my house like 3 weeks now, spent 10 days alone, toughest time of my life, and longest we had been apart in 20 years. just like you, i played so much i had blisters, sang until i was horse. then came to help my mom with my very ill dad. we finally decided to put him in a facility. made the calls, and told him. he's only 65. great timing, huh?

i am determined to get thru this...that which does not kill me will make me stronger.

wink to chloe. and thanks.

toad, i'm pissed you arent writing me. i am checking my e-mail daily, now that i straightened dad's pc all out (oh what a man with a brain disorder can do to a computer! thank goodness i'm not just a pretty face). write me, a-hole.

i'll try to send marty a pic of me in my little dress! happy new year, it's gotta get better.

so, we are as one. thanks again, marty.

#147186 - 12/31/02 07:36 AM Re: hey ladytree!
Ms. Coconuts Offline
Hi SweetJane. Sorry you are in such a challenging situation. A couple of years ago, I left my man of thirteen years. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Yet, relatively speaking, it wasn't as hard because we didn't have children.

On the other hand, my parents divorced when i was in middle school. My mom says now she would not have done it, had she know the affect it would have on us kids. But i'm not sure how happy that would have made her.

So, for whatever it's worth, I wish you strength, happiness and love this new year.

#147187 - 12/31/02 08:17 AM Re: hey ladytree!
Mexicana Offline
SweetJane,

We need an all-girl's chat room for this discussion. (sorry guys) I'm on my second long term relationship w/kids. Everyone wants to share and give advice, but sometimes we just need someone to listen and reflect back...helps us hear ourselves. I think you are BEAUTIFUL and You have spunk and vitality. All of those things make you very special! We here on the board love ya and want the VERY best of everything for you!! If ya need another ear give me a holler mexicana_lopez@yahoo.com ANYTIME!! Hang in there!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,055 Topics
462,292 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.