Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#147834 01/25/03 01:44 AM
OP Offline
Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN)for 6 A.M. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved
with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting! his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while.
He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in.....

AMERICA!

#147835 01/25/03 10:47 AM
tes Offline
And the job Joe is looking for provides 1 month vacation, 10 personal days, unlimited sick days plus 9 paid holidays. Hours 9 to 5, with a 2 or more hour lunch. Minimum sallary 150k.

#147836 01/25/03 11:46 AM
OP Offline
Haha!!
If Joe finds a job like that...let me know...I want to apply.

Somehow I don't think that was the point...LOL

#147837 01/25/03 12:21 PM
A
A
After a while Joe ends up owning a resort in Belize laugh

#147838 01/25/03 12:24 PM
OP Offline
Joe won't own anything unless he finds a job....LOL

In Belize or anywhere else.

#147839 01/25/03 12:31 PM
Sandshaker, Are you sure his name was Smith??? All the Smiths I know work their butts off.!
Although most of them live in Texas>>>>>>> wink

John
#147840 01/25/03 12:36 PM
OP Offline
LOL

I think this went right over everybody's head.
There actually was a point to this.

John Boy...don't know if he lives in Texas...but I'm sure he would work his butt off...IF...he could find a job....in the good ole' USA.

I think the point was....
Maybe we should try to support AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS a little more and then we might have a few more jobs for people like Joe Smith/John Doe...whoever.

smile

#147841 01/25/03 01:12 PM
I understand what you mean. It is very sad, and disturbing watching jobs going south of the border. However, we now have a international economy. We do enjoy these goods from other nations, and we are helping our allies. I have cousins in Germany, they do produce German cars and they export those cars to America. Should we not support Germany as an ally ? Should we not buy wool-sweaters from scotland ? Oh wait, many of Scottish soldiers died in battlefields side by side with Americans. Their children are producing scottish wool. It is funny we are enjoying a Belizean-American website-message board in a sense. What about those money-votes speaking about traveling. Should we not go to Belize, Mexico nor any other nation ? What about my Belizeans friends, they need American and Canadian tourisits. Or should we be good Americans, and stay 10 days in disneyworld hanging with Mickey-mouse. At least the bucks stay in america. Personaly, Americans need to get trained in fields that are viable, such as Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, teaching etc....Joe Smith needs to get into the right field, then he should go to Belize mon. Best-wishes, Mel S.......

Mel Sinderman
#147842 01/25/03 01:20 PM
T
T
do whatever you want just dont stop scottish imports, in particular the products from the highlands....

#147843 01/25/03 01:27 PM
OP Offline
What field is Joe Smith in?

Are you saying that in order for Joe Smith to find a decent job that he must go to college and hold a degree.

What about all the folks in the US that don't have a college degree?....or teens just starting out in their first job?

Don't they have a right to have a minimum wage job to support themselves until they can be educated?....and support themselves so they don't use up our tax dollars in government programs?

You know what I find really funny about the responses so far?
If this had been posted a week after Sept. 11th, everybody would have said...."YEA, that's right...we need more AMERICAN products and companies...so we don't have to be so reliant on other countries." And...."yea..we should be careful about the immigrants we let in to this country."

I heard both of these comments and more after Sept. 11th. Funny how patriotic we get in the face of disaster...and even funnier how quickly we forget.

I'm not advocating banning imports...get real.
It wouldn't hurt though to encourage more companies to produce some of the products we import and then at least we would have an option to buy American or import.

Why aren't we importing more petroleum products from Mexico...instead of the middle east or elsewhere? Seems it would cost a lot less to import it from a country so close and one that doesn't threaten us constantly. It might improve the Mexican economy as well and maybe if we are lucky it will trickle down to their citizens so that they aren't so desparate to seek support from US services...ie: jobs and medical care.

Just my two cents... smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.