Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#147980 - 01/31/03 05:17 AM Trip report: 2 of 2
denverdan Offline
continued by Anne~
Just to add some things that were left out......... One night several of us stayed up till 3 in the morning celebrating Amy and Mikes anniversary. (which was loads of fun, considering all the “lovely” topics that were covered that night) eek
When mom went on that fishin spree of her's and pulled a Huckleberry Fin.........we did actually catch some fish!!! not edible ones of course, a little small... but we did catch 10 fish. Oh and once again thank you M&M for retrieving my mom's pole, (she went to throw out her line and she sort of forgot to hold onto her stick...she was pretty crushed and jumped for joy when she was handed it back later) and THANK YOU again for helping me build that house on the mainland after the last hurricane!!!
Our golf cart was stolen too....not that it really mattered we were walkin everywhere we went anyway, and its not like it could have gone far anyway when your stuck on an island. However when we went to get another they told Dad when they found the cart they would deliver a new one and give us extra time. We were leaving the next day so dad said... O.K., if my carts battery ran out you would give us a new one right? They said yes. So dad said the battery has to be dead by now so could you please give us another. We got another cart.
We also spent like three meals with our local friends, two at their house and geeze.......the food is awesome. Our friends make the BEST TORTILLAS and stewed chicken in the world! (Though Caribe Island seems to have the best battered shrimp and french fries.....that's all I ate while I was there. That and pina coladas (Rodney makes the best (at least when it comes to virgins) wink
I was also almost married off to one of our local friends son's........at first I wasn't to worried (mom seemed interested but more in a joking sense than anything else cuz this guy is like 10 years older than me)........until our friends mentioned we could live in Belize since I would be there. Mom...hearing this actually paused to THINK about it. (for those of u who don't know me I'm 17 and not marriage material...... I don't clean, am extremely picky (really don't wanna marry someone over 3 years older than me), and couldn't cook if my life depended on it) (THANK GOD my mom still loves me just a little more than that island)
Mom also lost her reading glasses after the first night at Fido's couldn't find them anywhere (just in case someone spots them they are purple, metal frames that go straight across with round lenses which are attached to the frame only at the top... drill mounted. (they were her fav) We had to buy her some new ones cuz she couldn"t read any of the menus.
Also, when we were at Fido's the first time (when E! TV was there) my mom was in the restroom when she saw the host of the show and not knowing who she was asked if she was a playboy bunny (there were supposed to be a couple of them on the Island) The lady said OH MY NO... I produce a tv show! She seemed to take major offense when my mom told her that she should have been a bunny. Later that night the camera men needed to get shots with her and the other bunnies dancing on stage. Well Maggie's out there dancin with them really not payin attention cuz shes in love. So she's dancing with the chick and the other bunnies and some dude. The camera guy who is standing right next to my mom is like talking to this other dude saying “get that chick with the hat out of there, she's screwing up the shot” (they apparently only wanted their models on cam, instead of the other people there) little did they know that mom was to his left and the girl with the hat was Maggie. Boy did that start some controversy. My mom decided that she wasn't going to mess up Maggies night by pulling her away from the stage...so if they didn't find another shot ...Maggie's gonna be on TV a LOT...lol. It got better when mom confronted them to tell them about Maggie (of course like all directors in show biz they denied that they said any such thing. (boy....there should be big neon warning signs posted when it comes to my mom and what happens when u lie to her......let me tell ya......BIG MISTAKE) And it just wasn't that one shot either, Maggie was lucky enough to accidentally get in every single shot they did I think.....she didn't know it.....she just wanted to watch her love play his guitar and sing.
Mom also decided that she was going to go look for Bill Thornton, in a golf cart whose brakes did not work to well. Not a very fun ride when she doesn't know where she is going and is hitting every single speed bump and pot hole at full speed.
Oh, and my parents also tricked me into dancing. (NOT COOL AT ALL) Wednesday when we were at Fido's with everyone the group decided that they wanted to head down and check out Wet Willy's....well I being the 17 year old who never got to go anywhere the last time I was there (and being on a sugar high from drinking 8 cokes ) wanted to go check it out. The parents didn't really wish to go. So as everyone else booked we sat down and had a discussion where I had to prove my point on y we should go to Wet Willy's. I thought I did pretty good when my mom started to say “all right we will go to Wet Willy's laugh ” of course this was until I heard the last part of her sentence. “we will go to Wet Willy's IF u dance with your father. eek (I'm not a dancer, I don't EVER dance...EVER, especially not in front of anyone except on two different occasions, and then there were so many people no one could see me anyway) At Fido's there was a STAGE and only four people were dancing, the rest were just sitting around WATCHING and none of them were as drunk as I would have liked them to be. Well after sitting out five songs I decided that one dance was not going to kill me if it let me go and hang out with everyone else, so I got up and danced with my fam. (NEVER EVER caring about dancing and always avoiding it when I had the chance [I always ran when my parents used to try and give me lessons.] Neither one of my parents have ever SEEN me dance before....and was I surprised.) I told my mom that I would start dancing and that she had to teach me cuz I didn't think I was good. Apparently my mom doubted my dancing abilities as well (I tend to take after my dad in many ways and she apparently believed that dancing would be just another trait I'd have of his) It turns out that I do in fact have RHYTHM (something I didn't think I had) and that I'm not as bad of a dancer as I thought I would be. Mom was surprised too cuz when I started to dance her jaw dropped to the floor as she said “OH MY GOD ANNIE! U GOT RHYTHM! I WOULD NEVER HAD GUESSED! HOW'D THIS HAPPEN???” Yea so its not the most supportive thing to say to a kid, but it definitely got its point across didn't it. :rolleyes: The worst part of all of this was that we DIDN'T go to Wet Willy's after that....we went home, I got up and danced for a lost cause. frown
Another great highlight was one of the nights we spent with our local friends. Our friends offered to give us a ride back to Caribe Island in their truck and when we pulled up Jon had the best look in the world on his face (he totally looked scared and confused and didn't know what to do (he apparently didn't see my fam members and just saw a truck filled with people he didn't know. (there were 11 of us all together piled in that truck when we pulled up) It was quite funny......more so, as his eyes got bigger and his chin started to drop when our friends started piling out before us in order to give us hugs goodbye. I've honestly never seen a guy with an expression that priceless on his face, it was great.
Oh and for those of u who ever think about getting gift certificates to people for the restaurant at Banana Beach, they don't do them yet.........though if you ask nicely they will hand write one out for you on a piece of paper....(at least that's what they did for us)
I'd also like to reiterate that Vicki, Butch, Amy, Mike, and Skullyboy and the rest of his fam (Joanie (sorry if I spelt that wrong) and Colby) are THE GREATEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD to hang out with. cool If you wanna meet some great people AND have a blast make sure u go on vaca with these guys.
OK I think I covered everything else.
~ Anne

continued again by Hope...

GAWD she goes on and on. lol Wonder where she gets that from? :rolleyes:
Anywho it was a GREAT trip for all of us! I did cry all the way to BC and throughout the airport, I LOVE that Island...
Maggie had an EXCELLENT ADVENTURE, Anne Child is growing up fast, and Dan is just the total BEST for taking us and puttin up with me all the time!
I wish we were there now....

#147981 - 01/31/03 11:10 AM Re: Trip report: 2 of 2
rickcheri Offline
TOO COOL GAL,
great reading.
Hope to see ya here for our TEXAS PARTY!!! It will be great to finally meet ya all!!!
We are heading back down at the end of April!! Will let ya know, and yes if you have an extra bottle of the best hot sauce, I'll take one.. let me know.. talk with ya soon girl...
Rick smile wink cool

#147982 - 02/01/03 01:48 AM Re: Trip report: 2 of 2
Chloe Offline
Anne Child you are a good reporter, and you tell more too....hahaha

Yep Dan is the best.

#147983 - 02/01/03 04:10 PM Re: Trip report: 2 of 2
denverdan Offline
I think she comes off "spoiled" but I swear she's not. lol
Did you see what she did on the "Texas" thread? hahaha

#147984 - 02/01/03 09:58 PM Re: Trip report: 2 of 2
Mexicana Offline
Yep, Sounds like my 16 year old...fun-loving and not spoiled really!! Some people think these kids are spoiled but they are good kids just wanting to have a little fun like the rest of us!
I could really relate to the coca cola sugar high,,,my kids do that too! Loved the report and a little different perspective than we usually get! THANKS!! laugh

#147985 - 02/04/03 05:25 AM Re: Trip report: 2 of 2
skullyboy Offline
Great report Hope & Anne. Anne I knew you could dance. You just didn`t want to with a long haird old hippe like me. You should learn from your sister. Dancing isn`t about what you look like, It`s about having fun to the music. Hey hope all I can say is and a good time was had by all. Love you girl. I think that Texas swarie(sp.?)sounds like good fun. I wonder fly to Houston & rent a car from there? Hope Colby shot some fantastic pictures. Some of it could be post card or National Geograpic material. E-mail me and I`ll see if Colby can hook you up with some photos. I think Joni has some of you, Dan and the girls. We haven`t got her film devolped yet.

#147986 - 02/13/03 04:20 AM Re: Trip report: 2 of 2
denverdan Offline
R&C did ya get the package??? I think we will be there for the Texas gig, can't wait to meet all!
Chloe... you bad! wink
Mexicana, we don't usually do sweets till on vaca or parties, so they be real spoiled then. lol GAWD, they were on a roll!
Daryl, I WANT TO SEE PICTURES! We are sooo bad about NOT taking them. Can you get me copies of Joanies or Colby's? AND... ya mon, Houston to the PARTY... wanna share a car? HEHE PARTY DOWN WITH THE REAL COWBOYS! wink

#147987 - 02/13/03 06:41 AM Re: Trip report: 2 of 2
skullyboy Offline
Hey Hope, Let me know where to send some pictures. Joni got some of you & your family plus some good ones of our night out at Fido`s. Colby took some really good ones of life in San Pedro. I think he is putting together a bunch and hanging in a gallery here in Salt Lake. Joni is not doing very well at this time. The doctor says the cancer is progressing now. So she has decided to start chemo. She has decided maybe she is not ready to check out just yet. That texas swary(sp?) sounds like a gas. Depending how things are going at that time I`m seriously considering going.

#147988 - 02/13/03 07:30 AM Re: Trip report: 2 of 2
rickcheri Offline
Yes Hope We DID!!! Helped with the cold nights here!! LOL
Thank you so much and yes we look forward to meeting ya here in TX!!!!
Rick

#147989 - 02/13/03 05:35 PM Re: Trip report: 2 of 2
Debbie Offline
Hope,
Anne is a very good writer for her age. I'm impressed. It was refreshing to see San Pedro from a young person's perspective. And the dancing..... Ha!!! Did you even bother to tell your daughters exactly WHO taught you to punta dance??? Hummm???? wink So did you pass along the "technique"? LOL I'm so glad you had a good time. Wish I could have been there to share it, but it sounds like you'll be down in my neck of the woods come June. WooHoo!!!! Can't wait. Love ya girl. Keep the emails coming.... Deb

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (ScubaLdy, Chica Blanca, JED, 1 invisible), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,193 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.