Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
OP Offline
I
I am looking for a more-less private island to stay for a week where bone-fishing & hiking are available within a rather short distance if possible. My fiance & I will need a bar & resturants that are with-in a short walk, is this possible? Help, I am open to sugestions!

KC Offline
Hey, Belizer..
e-mail me. I might have some suggestions for ya.

[email protected]

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
H
H
Please check out Kanantik Reef and Jungle Resort. It is brand new, open now for a month. As the name says, you get both the ocean and the jungle due to its location. Very secluded, though not an island to itself, it sits alone on the beach surrounded by jungle with no other establishments in sight.

We stayed there at the end of May (guest number 3 and 4) and were delighted and truly impressed. It is all inclusive so all food, local rum drinks, beer, soft drinks, tours, diving, snorkeling, (and more) tax and service are included.

Their website is kanantik.com

You can fly directly into their private airstrip which saves alot of road time.

No matter where you go ... There you are!
I just visited Kanantik on my whirlwind site inspection of the country. It was very nice. They also have an all inclusive plan where everything except fishing & imported drinks is included for $300 per person per night. Pretty deluxe place (for Belize.) I also stayed at Soul Shine in Placencia and was pleasantly surprised. On a private little island just off the tip of the peninsula. Nice accommodations in individual thatched roof cabanas, pool, spa, kayaks, restaurant & bar. Food was very good, massage was awesome & saw hundreds of fish jumping while sitting on the pier one night. I recommend it.

Feel free to write or call for info.
www.barbsbelize.com

H
H
If you're looking for a secluded jungle experience that provides and incredible honeymoon adventure .. check out Ian's place, caves branch, I've read on other forums that their honeymoon adventure is to die for ..

has anyone else been on the Caves Branch Honeymoon adventure ??

V
V
no we didnt go on the honeymoon adventure at caves ranch but we did stay ther for a couple of days. great cave tubing with abel...great guide. although it not a private island...but it is rather secluded....i would suggest chan chich lodge at gallon jug. without a doubt the most comfortable of all jungle lodges. the managers nick and bridgette just took over last august and will make your honeymoon so special if they know its a special time for you. we loved the place...the food was unbelievable and norman at the bar makes a great margarita! there were only 11 people staying there when we were there and they took everyone out on a night ride in an open truck. we saw ocelots,margays,alligaters,and a whole gammit of wildlife.you can look up there website at chanchich.com....we highly recommend it....

Jim
D
D
Hi Barabra K

Read your posting with a grin and then checked your website. Very nice site. I was however surprised that after your description of Soulshine Resort in your posting that there was no reference to them on your web site under "places we have worked with".

Our experience with Soulshine was much different than you described, too $$ for what we go and what we got was not what we were expecting, of course we were paying customers, sounds like you may have been on a FAM Trip and are doing the pay back.

In addition to my comments you may also remember that Lan has posted his best 200 Belize hotels/motels/resorts, etc and Soulshine was not listed and in fact he has stated that he does not care for the location...I concur on the location and in addition don't care for the service, costs, attitude, bugs, bugs, bugs, etc.

Did not try the spa...European Spa in Belize ??? I much prefer sun, sand and warm Caribbean waters to wash away my stresses.

And, not much sand or Caribbean seas to be had at Soulshine either.

I consider Lan to be much more of an authority on Belize and he has a reputation for "Telling it like it is".

If you've got the dough, I agree with Jim at Peir Lounge. Cayo Espanto is perfect for a honeymoon...very private.

Jim

**Jim
I heard about Ian's honeymoon adventure, and it sounds grand! they pack a lot of items up into the caves, and leave you with light, food, all kinds of goodies, and an evening to remember! I met a couple on the plane who did this, and they were mighty happy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.