Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#14882 - 04/30/02 12:57 PM Hopkins for lunch
tincup Offline
Can anyone recommend a good place to eat lunch in Hopkins? I will be stopping there on my way to Placencia to check out accomodations for an upcoming trip. Just there for a short time. Would appreciate a suggestion.

#14883 - 04/30/02 03:09 PM Re: Hopkins for lunch
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
I would say Beaches and Dreams is about the best place to eat in Hopkins -- excellent food and not too expensive. Hamanasi's restaurant is good, too. And there are several small restaurants in homes of local people in Hopkins that are cheap and interesting.

--Lan Sluder

#14884 - 04/30/02 04:01 PM Re: Hopkins for lunch
silkpainter Offline
I was just in Hopkins and ate at a local restaurant called the Hideaway, local Belizean food. The sign isnt very big, you'll just have to ask locals where it is. The location is right in the middle of the Village, 2nd row from the waterfront. I also ate at Jabiru Restaurant & Bar, very good food. Its on the junction road that leads out to the highway.
--Silk
www.caribbean-colors.com

#14885 - 04/30/02 09:41 PM Re: Hopkins for lunch
Sandcrab Offline
Beaches and Dreams is tops on my list. Delicious food and great rooms.

Jim

#14886 - 04/30/02 10:50 PM Re: Hopkins for lunch
tincup Offline
Thanks all for the suggestions. I hope to find a good place to stay in Hopkins for the November Garifuna Settlement Day festivities while I'm there. Is Beaches and Dreams far from the "center" of town? We want to book a hotel early to get a better choice of rooms as it looks like there may be a group of us going in November. I'm traveling from Gales Point to Placencia on this trip. Thought I'd check out Hopkins on the way (going via hired car). I should have (I hope) an interesting trip report when I get back. Will try to see whale sharks at Gladden Spit and spending two nights on Ranguana Caye. Oh, and I'm doing "drum school" at Gales Point. Can't wait!

#14887 - 04/30/02 10:56 PM Re: Hopkins for lunch
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
The main settlement day celebrations are in Dangriga, not Hopkins. I've not been in Hopkins on that day, but understand there are a few things, but not like Dangriga.

--Lan Sluder

#14888 - 04/30/02 11:10 PM Re: Hopkins for lunch
silkpainter Offline
Have you looked into Kismet Inn Cabanas, located at the North end of Hopkins?
--Silk

#14889 - 04/30/02 11:26 PM Re: Hopkins for lunch
tincup Offline
I thought long and hard about Hopkins vs. Dangriga. Most that know recommend Hopkins for the celebrations. It is smaller and can be enjoyed on a more personal level. I can always go to Dangriga next year. Hopkins sounds more my speed.

#14890 - 04/30/02 11:33 PM Re: Hopkins for lunch
tincup Offline
Oh, and hi silkpainter! I met you on Caye Caulker in November at the shop.
As for a place to stay, I think we need to be in town and it seems many of the resorts are a mile or two outside. Anyone stay at Hopkins Inn? Accomodations can be simple, but clean.

#14891 - 05/01/02 12:38 AM Re: Hopkins for lunch
karin Offline
I was lucky enough to be in Hopkins last November 19th... The celebration was very local, no big party like in Dangriga but it was very special...Beautiful drumming and singing... I felt really lucky to be there...
If you stay at Beaches & Dreams, you could probably borrow bicycles to get to the village for the "arrival"...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.