Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#149176 - 02/23/03 11:52 PM Avid Divers..Where to Stay?
shira Offline
We are planning on going to belize in November. we love to dive and are looking to stay someplace nice ($$ not an object, anniversary trip), where diving is extremely convenient. any suggestions?
thanks

#149177 - 02/24/03 02:08 AM Re: Avid Divers..Where to Stay?
denverdan Offline
There are lots of nice places on AC.
(you are talkin AC right?)
Anywho... you kinda need to tell folks more stuff of what you want....pool, kitchen, pampered, night life, bal bla...
TOTALLY PAMPERED and lots of $$ I would go to Caye Espanto. It's on the back side of the Island so diving may take a bit longer to get to. I'm really not sure though...I haven't dove in years and never have been to Espanto frown
(humm, I think I gotta have a talk with Dan about that! lol)
Gaz Cooper seems to have some great acc and dive packages, otherwise you could go to Victoria, Ramons, Caribe, pretty much anywhere and the dive boats pick you up on thier docks.
Hope this helps some.

#149178 - 02/24/03 02:14 AM Re: Avid Divers..Where to Stay?
dbdoberman Offline
Playa Blanca Resort/Gaz Cooper is where I am booked. A fairly new place, and a dedicated dive resort. Gaz has a terrific reputation

#149179 - 02/24/03 02:19 AM Re: Avid Divers..Where to Stay?
shira Offline
Well- we don't really care about a pool or nightlife...just someplace that is dedicated to diving. Kitchen or no kitchen.

#149180 - 02/24/03 02:21 AM Re: Avid Divers..Where to Stay?
dbdoberman Offline
that would be Gaz's place, north of the cut, north of San Pedro

#149181 - 02/24/03 02:59 AM Re: Avid Divers..Where to Stay?
Axeman Offline
Never dove with GAZ..but met him on last trip. GREAT guy, very centered and knows AC front to back.
Don't think you could go wrong with him.

#149182 - 02/24/03 03:04 AM Re: Avid Divers..Where to Stay?
Sandy C Offline
Recommend you check out Caribbean Villas Hotel. They have a nice dive arrangement with Amigos del Mar dive shop - a great dive shop with wonderful dive masters. AdM will keep your gear for you, clean it and have it ready to go each time when they pick you up in one of their boats at the Caribbean Villas dock for your dives. AdM has terrific trips to the Blue Hole and the atolls, also. You can run a tab with them and pay for the dives at the end of the trip. CV is only 10 suites/rooms (all beachfront with panoramic views of the sea and reef) on 3 acres of land, great long-time staff, free bikes, hot tubs, pier and a nice 12-15 minute beach walk to town. Ask for a discount if you book directly and check with them on their AdM dive rates. Enjoy all your diving!

#149183 - 02/24/03 03:09 AM Re: Avid Divers..Where to Stay?
Sam Scuba Offline
My husband and I went to AC last Feb. for the first time and stayed at The Palms. We dove with Ramon's next door and thought it was the perfect combination of accommodations and dive convenience. We are also avid divers and like to do 15 or so dives in a week. The Ramon's dive crew were knowledgeable, courteous, and loads of fun. Since The Palms is right next door to Ramon's, it's just a few steps to the boat. We enjoyed having a condo at The Palms so we could spread out with all our gear. Since we had such a wonderful time last year, we are planning the exact trip for mid April. No point trying to change perfection!

#149184 - 02/24/03 07:34 AM Re: Avid Divers..Where to Stay?
crawfish Offline
shira,

First off, if you folks are ĎAvid Diversí as you say then A/C IS not for you. I would go to one of the outer Cays/Atolls or the live aboard out of Belize City. A/C diving is not the best diving around so I would consider else where, to many hurricanes have taken the best off the A/C coastline and the spring winds donít help either.

To many people/posters here will tell you that the diving is great around A/C, but if the truth where known most all of them would confess they donít even dive, and only a few snorkel, and the snorkeling sucks around A/C other than a couple of places.

Now I donít know how much of a ĎAvid Diverí or Ďhard coreí you are but many here suggest Gaz Coopers place, I canít recommend him as I have not dove with him, and I will NOTrecommend any dive operation there, as per my own reasons. But I will suggest you do a lot of research other than this bunch of Ďrose colored glass wearing postersí

If you leave an e-mail address I will give you my suggestions for your anniversary trip. I have said too much already, as this group does not want to hear/read what I have already said.

But if island life and partying and eating is what you enjoy then A/C is for you, other wise the diving is second rateÖ

#149185 - 02/24/03 07:43 AM Re: Avid Divers..Where to Stay?
klcman Offline
snorklers & divers - line up eek

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,316 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.