Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#149263 02/26/03 09:54 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Here's what we like in addition to what Ken said on 2/24 (I'm the Jen of Jen and Ken): clean comforatble bed preferably king, upscale room - not a cheepie but something cool (after all we are on a vacation), kitchen not necessary - we plan on sampling the restaurants on the island. Would like to have a room facing/on the beach, nice pool, great bar, owners that care. Definitely no tourist traps please and a place that caters to more couples and not children. We stayed with Ex-pats in Costa Rica felt like we were home - they even partied with us.

Well, not sure if it's what your looking for but, last trip I stayed at Coconut's and loved the location, bar and all who worked there. They now have a new pool bar which looks great.
The only minor down side is the barge next lot over. It never bothered me.
Margie, the bar tender is one of the sweetest humans I've met in all my travels. You can sit at the bar and see the reef...that made it for me.
Hope you find the place that suits you.

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
T
T
Hello, Have you looked at Victoria House? It was a little more upscale than we needed, but it is beautiful!! (we just went and checked it out for our next trip) we stayed at Ramon's this time and loved it, just make sure you specify on the beach and ocean veiw, we also went and looked at Caribe, that is where we will stay next time, a very beautiful place and the rooms (we thought) were great, also stopped at Xanadu all the rooms were full, so we did not get to see one, but the grounds were very nice, and from other posts the rooms sound great as well, this probably did not help much, but basically it doesnt matter where you stay (in our opinion) you will have a blast and i hope fall in love with the island as we have!!

O
O
Hello Jen,
Banana Beach has all that you mentioned. Ocean front suites on the beach, two pools, a fresh clean beach towel daily,comfortable lounge chairs, a well maintained beachfront, a new restaurant/bar, and staff the is the best I have ever seen in all my travels. The owner is a good guy. The rooms/suites are kept very clean and they are also good sized.A little south of town and not tourisy, at all.

Jackie smile

jackie@belizeanparadise.com

Jen,
I too would definately recommend Banana Beach. There are large enough rooms in the new building, large bed, small fridge and coffee maker in the rooms. There are also the suites with kitchens which are my personal favorite in the old building. The staff is wonderful, the owner great, the premises safe, two beautiful pools one with the "waterfall", a small store across the street, a great restaurant and bar on site, a travel shoppe to help you with tours, snorkling, diving etc. It sounds to me that it definately meets all your requirements and then some.

Just got back from AC last week and were very happy with Mata Rocks. Owners Terry and Liz(?) were always around and the housekeeping staff went above and beyond the call of duty. Nice little pool and beach front bar. Couldn't say what it was worth as it was part of a package.

M
M
This may be too late for you, but I would like to give a suggestion. Whatever you do, don't get stuck either way north or way south. North, you'll have to hire a boat($10US)each time in the evening you want to travel. South is easier, you can get a taxi. Re finances. One person suggested Victoria House. It is beautiful, but wildly expensive. Ramon's is well advertised, but is right by the airport, also expensive, and the food is poor. My choice is a place that looks like Ramon's. SunBreeze is overcrowded. My husband and I found it 9 years ago, and have been going back since. Its the Paradise Resort Hotel, just north of the cemetary. You are in short walking distance to everything in San Pedro. The Paradise ([email protected]) has a large property. There's a palapa bar and restaurant, but it does close down early. I like that. I have quiet when I want it...when I sleep. I can amble down the street for nightlife. No pool, but there are places to swim you can walk to. It runs about $78 to $130 (not exactly sure on that). For the $130, you get a large, comfy room with a kitchenette. We only use it for breakfast, but we like just fruit for breakfast. The palapa has breaky, so no problem. Check it out on the internet..Paradise Resort Hotel (not Paradise Villas). I hope you love it as much as we do. Tell them Marie and John said "hi". By the way, we just got back after 19 days, and have already booked for next January. We really do love the place. Marie

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.