Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#149640 - 03/09/03 08:50 AM something to think about...
o jackie Offline
I found this morning and I thought I would share, because it does make you think:

If you have food in your refrigerator,clothes on your back,and a place to sleep....
You are richer than 75% of the worlds population

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet and spare change in a dish somewhere....
You are among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness...
You are more blessed than the million people who will not survive the week.

If you can read this message, you are doubly blessed, because someone was thinking of you! Furthermore you are more blessed than over 2 million people who cannot read at all.

#149641 - 03/09/03 10:16 AM Re: something to think about...
NYgal Offline
That's a good message. Thanks for sharing.
I guess I do have more to be thankful for that I thought.
I can admit it !

#149642 - 03/09/03 01:50 PM Re: something to think about...
Islenutt Offline
Me too...
And I should stop bitching about the small stuff.
Thank you Jackie

#149643 - 03/09/03 10:15 PM Re: something to think about...
KathyMLT Offline
Thanks Jackie,
You know another thing I try real hard to do is, especially when I've had a bad day at work and/or had to work 6 or 7 days in a row....is not to complain about it...well, maybe the bad day complaints win out ; 0 ), but when I have to work so many days in a row I remember that there are many people in the Caribbean and Belize and other parts of the world that work 7 days a week; sometimes 10 and 12 hour days and sometimes two jobs every week of the year for MUCH less pay

#149644 - 03/09/03 10:48 PM Re: something to think about...
denverdan Offline
So sad and very true!
That's why I say to my kids and try to live by...
Live today well and be happy, do everything you can to make it the best for you and for whomever you can...
cause tomorrow will be the past and ya can't change it...

#149645 - 03/09/03 11:14 PM Re: something to think about...
Mel S Offline
Oh yes, you are quite right. While San Pedro enjoys a pretty decent local economy, the other parts of Central America is not so fortunate. Many years ago my wife and myself were peace corps volunteers serving in central america . Guatemala was, and still is very poor. Most people live in shacks with dirt floors, and eat corn tortillas and beans, if they have it. Most of the substitent farmers could not read nor write. Many speak Mayan dialects, and their spanish is basic. You are right, we are very lucky.......best-wishes, Mel S..
Mel Sinderman

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,728 Topics
461,286 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.