Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#149640 03/09/03 08:50 AM
O
OP Offline
O
I found this morning and I thought I would share, because it does make you think:

If you have food in your refrigerator,clothes on your back,and a place to sleep....
You are richer than 75% of the worlds population

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet and spare change in a dish somewhere....
You are among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness...
You are more blessed than the million people who will not survive the week.

If you can read this message, you are doubly blessed, because someone was thinking of you! Furthermore you are more blessed than over 2 million people who cannot read at all.

Jackie

That's a good message. Thanks for sharing.
I guess I do have more to be thankful for that I thought.
I can admit it !
smile

I
I
Me too...
And I should stop bitching about the small stuff.
:rolleyes:
Thank you Jackie

Thanks Jackie,
You know another thing I try real hard to do is, especially when I've had a bad day at work and/or had to work 6 or 7 days in a row....is not to complain about it...well, maybe the bad day complaints win out ; 0 ), but when I have to work so many days in a row I remember that there are many people in the Caribbean and Belize and other parts of the world that work 7 days a week; sometimes 10 and 12 hour days and sometimes two jobs every week of the year for MUCH less pay

So sad and very true!
That's why I say to my kids and try to live by...
Live today well and be happy, do everything you can to make it the best for you and for whomever you can...
cause tomorrow will be the past and ya can't change it...

Oh yes, you are quite right. While San Pedro enjoys a pretty decent local economy, the other parts of Central America is not so fortunate. Many years ago my wife and myself were peace corps volunteers serving in central america . Guatemala was, and still is very poor. Most people live in shacks with dirt floors, and eat corn tortillas and beans, if they have it. Most of the substitent farmers could not read nor write. Many speak Mayan dialects, and their spanish is basic. You are right, we are very lucky.......best-wishes, Mel S..

Mel Sinderman

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 160 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.