First off, anyone I have e-mailed better read this...
I just received this in an e-mail tonight. I did what the directions below say, but it keeps popping up after a few seconds when I hit "search" again. (the time just changes)
Anyone have a clue what I should do?
Is this something bad? Should I as well notify my address book buddies?
Thanks for any help!!!
Hello Everyone . . .
A virus has been passed on me by a contact. My address book has in turn been infected. Since you are in my address book there is a chance that you will find it in your computer too. SORRY!
I followed the instruction below and eradicated the virus easily. The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or MacAff anti-virus system. This virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address book, whether or not you send emails to your contacts.
Here's how to check for the virus and get rid of it.
1. Go to Start, then go to the find or search option
2. Search in file/folders and type the name "jdbgmgr.exe"
3. Be sure you search your C drive and all the sub-folders and any other drives you may have.
4. Click "Find Now'
DO NOT OPEN IT IF YOU HAVE IT. IF NOT THANK GOODNESS.
5. The virus has a grey teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe
DO NOT OPEN IT!!!
6. Go to Edit on the menu bar and choose "select all" to highlight the files without opening it.
7. Now go to File on the menu bar and select DELETE. It will then go to the Recycle Bin.
8. Go to the Recycle bin and delete it there as well.
IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK, SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.