Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#150847 - 03/29/03 02:11 PM is there any reason???
o jackie Offline
I just have a question, is there any reason that each time some views there opinions they get attacked? It is one thing to express yourself with you view, but to get down right nasty is another thing.

What is actually going to happen if some of us that are attacked run it each other on the island, is there going to be blood shed or a mud wrestling event?

Just wondering if someone could enlighten me. No, I do not want to start another arguement.

Jackie

#150848 - 03/29/03 03:55 PM Re: is there any reason???
NYgal Offline
I have seen it too. In this day and age, each person feels the need to be right. I have seen a rare person apologize if wrong. smile They know who they are.
Good point, Jackie.

My mother said, my sister always had to have the last word,even if she stuck her tongue out behing mom's back, or whispered under her breath.
Guess what, she's still that way today. ( but she does not know it )

I have to be tolerant, at times, and ingore, overlook and tape my mouth.

I hope you all have good vacations/meetings/dives/drinks/laughs/steed rides/shopping etc.
Wear your suits backwards and don't let any 'sea monsters eat your tanks, they will fart.

Life is too short to bicker, be aware you are doing it, or maybe some of you are like my sister and will continue till the fight begins. confused

#150849 - 03/29/03 04:26 PM Re: is there any reason???
o jackie Offline
Thanks,
I mean everyone does not have to be lovey-dovey kissy faced cuz that is not life, but it seems to me that the simplest post are turning into personal wars.

A person comes to the board asks a simple question or makes a personal statement and before you know it another arguement is started,the question is never answered. I like to be negative and tell how I feel about alot of things,but it is called self control and not everything is through rose colored glasses, but some really need to give things a rest.

Oh, and who ever gets mad about this, I really dont care.

Jackie

#150850 - 03/29/03 04:59 PM Re: is there any reason???
NYgal Offline
LMAO laugh
:p

#150851 - 03/29/03 05:01 PM Re: is there any reason???
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
This board is a microcosm of society. The only difference here is that participants have anonimity. In my view, the more deviation there is from simple questions and answers and chat about Belize/AC, the larger the risk of agressive self expression, sometimes at the expense of others. Discussions about war & politics are natural hot button items. Keyboard philosophy is not a substituion for face to face interaction, where tone and body language are essential elements to better understanding.

#150852 - 03/29/03 05:01 PM Re: is there any reason???
Bobber Offline
Hi Jackie, I agree with you fully.

#150853 - 03/29/03 06:46 PM Re: is there any reason???
Chloe Offline
I took a clue from how people respond here, along time ago, as to whether I wanted to spend time with them in person. But, also agree, in person, tone and body language makes the total difference. Now add alcohol. Oh well!

I will always give people the benefit of doubt.
Most people I can find something in them I do appreciate.

#150854 - 03/29/03 06:58 PM Re: is there any reason???
Danl & the Boop Offline
Yesterday is HISTORY, Tomorrow is a MYSYERY, Today is a GIFT,

That is why we call it the PRESENT!
smile

#150855 - 03/29/03 07:00 PM Re: is there any reason???
NYgal Offline
Now, that one I like !! Good addition.

Thanks smile

#150856 - 03/29/03 07:04 PM Re: is there any reason???
o jackie Offline
I also like that one, thanks.

Jackie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 23 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.