Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#15088 - 05/16/02 11:09 PM Between BC and Placencia
SeaJay Offline
Plans for our trip to Belize were going so well - renting a 4WD and head to the Mariposa for 6 days then to AC for 5 days. THEN I realized I had goofed on our arrival date (because of a 1AM flight). So now we have a day to fill on our way down to Placencia. We thought it would be a good idea to make it a leisurely drive and stay somewhere between BC and Placencia for that 1 night...taking in a couple sights along the way. We are considering Pooks Hill Lodge but are open for suggestions. We also considered some places in the Dangriga or Hopkins areas (Pals, Beaches and Dreams or Hopkins Inn). Some of those places are very reasonable in price but not sure if saving a few dollars would be worth it if we weren't happy. Anyone have any suggestions? Also....what sights are "don't miss" sights (Zoo, Cockcomb, Guanacaste, Blue Hole, etc.)?

#15089 - 05/17/02 09:00 AM Re: Between BC and Placencia
Kate Offline
I highly recommend Beaches and Dreams in Hopkins. It's a small (4 rooms) inn on a lovely stretch of beach south of town, and the food and hospitality are second to none. If you chose Mariposa then B&D is right up your alley.

As for tours - we loved Cockscomb - it's really close to Hopkins. There's a nice, easy walking trail to a waterfall and swimming hole, and if you continue on there is a more rigorous hike to Ben's Bluff with views that are unbelieveable.

And you will love Mariposa.

#15090 - 05/17/02 09:22 AM Re: Between BC and Placencia
hapihapi Offline
my husband and i will be at mariposa may 21-how about you

#15091 - 05/17/02 11:08 AM Re: Between BC and Placencia
SeaJay Offline
Hi Hapihapi - We won't be getting to Mariopsa until June 21. Guess we'll miss you by quite a bit (unless you're staying for a month). It would have been nice to be able to meet up and maybe do a few things together. Lucky you...you're time is almost here! We'd love to hear all about it when you get back. Have a WONDERFUL time!

#15092 - 05/17/02 11:18 AM Re: Between BC and Placencia
silkpainter Offline
Check out this site. I was on a little trip to Hopkins, Placencia and Punta Gorda a couple of weeks ago and found this place. I didn't stay there, but looked at the cabanas and property, right on the water, and very well maintained. http://www.lost-reef.com/
THey have a restaurant and bar right on the property also.
A note, be patient when emailing them because they dont have internet service on site, they have to go into Placencia for their email. The resort is located before you get to the Placencia penninsula.
--Silk www.caribbean-colors.com
-Lee Vanderwalker-Alamina

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.