Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Debbie Offline OP
OP Offline
I was shocked at the per gallon price of gas on AC and know it must be putting an undue burden on many in the tourist industry. I was just curious..... What is everyone else paying for gas??? Here in Corpus Christi, it had gone up to $1.69 a gallon and has now gone back down to $1.47..... Are we better? same? or worse than the rest of the US and internationally?
Debbie

M
M
The way the price for gas has shot up the past year I was somewhat surprised it wasn't higher in Belize. We paid $3.50 per gallon last year there. As for here in Colorado the prices range anywhere from $1.61 to $1.69 high, yet cheap by world standards.

I paid 1.37/gallon yesterday in Tulsa. Guess we're closer to the refinery than ohters.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody
I paid $2.11 per gallon a week and a half ago. It's now down to $2.07 at the corner gas station. I'm told I can find it a bit cheaper elsewhere but it has not gone under $2 yet. - This is San Jose, CA. We pay for the "view" laugh

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Damn, I got gas yesterday and it was $1.80..in Grand Coulee, WA, but if I go 60 miles to Ephrata it's usually about 10 cents less. I really don't understand how they price the stuff. Does anyone know?

$7.77bz yesterday at the Texaco at the back.

Jim
0.79 pence ...... per litre of diesel. (multiply by 5 for gallons and @ £1 to 1.6USD

For those that may be interested, my perspective is that oil markets have been free of regulation for sixteen years. Free trade has unearthed more knowledge about the value of fuels--and of the technology that transforms them into useful energy--than was ever the case in a regulated market. Along with vigorous competition, free markets also bring uncertainty and unpredictability--a kind of trading frenzy that results in price volatility. From time to time, and for reasons that are not entirely obvious to the average consumer, prices of commodities such as oil go up, sometimes sharply, recurrently and repeatedly, and always inconveniently. Once goods and services enter the world of commodity markets, they become part of a trading system so vast, and now so global, as to make it difficult for any individual or group to manipulate supply and price as OPEC did during the notorious decade of energy crises. Identifying causes and effects of price changes also becomes difficult when markets take over.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Here in Ontario it's 70 cents for regular a litre = $3.22 a gal. Cdn. = $2.01 US per gallon.
It's all a game by the oil companies. they made the biggest profits in history in the last two years. we are being ripped off but good. mad mad mad

Debbie Offline OP
OP Offline
They certainly are doing well! The oil companies around here are hiring for positions when everyone else is cutting budgets, starting hiring freezes and laying off folks. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.