Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#150987 - 04/03/03 10:30 AM How much is gas where you are?
Debbie Offline
I was shocked at the per gallon price of gas on AC and know it must be putting an undue burden on many in the tourist industry. I was just curious..... What is everyone else paying for gas??? Here in Corpus Christi, it had gone up to $1.69 a gallon and has now gone back down to $1.47..... Are we better? same? or worse than the rest of the US and internationally?

#150988 - 04/03/03 10:40 AM Re: How much is gas where you are?
mountain Larry Offline
The way the price for gas has shot up the past year I was somewhat surprised it wasn't higher in Belize. We paid $3.50 per gallon last year there. As for here in Colorado the prices range anywhere from $1.61 to $1.69 high, yet cheap by world standards.

#150989 - 04/03/03 11:13 AM Re: How much is gas where you are?
River Shark Offline
I paid 1.37/gallon yesterday in Tulsa. Guess we're closer to the refinery than ohters.
"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody

#150990 - 04/03/03 12:08 PM Re: How much is gas where you are?
Gela Offline
I paid $2.11 per gallon a week and a half ago. It's now down to $2.07 at the corner gas station. I'm told I can find it a bit cheaper elsewhere but it has not gone under $2 yet. - This is San Jose, CA. We pay for the "view" laugh
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#150991 - 04/03/03 12:42 PM Re: How much is gas where you are?
KathyMLT Offline
Damn, I got gas yesterday and it was $1.80..in Grand Coulee, WA, but if I go 60 miles to Ephrata it's usually about 10 cents less. I really don't understand how they price the stuff. Does anyone know?

#150992 - 04/03/03 12:44 PM Re: How much is gas where you are?
JmHanna Offline
$7.77bz yesterday at the Texaco at the back.

#150993 - 04/03/03 01:10 PM Re: How much is gas where you are?
alux Offline
0.79 pence ...... per litre of diesel. (multiply by 5 for gallons and @ £1 to 1.6USD

#150994 - 04/03/03 01:12 PM Re: How much is gas where you are?
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
For those that may be interested, my perspective is that oil markets have been free of regulation for sixteen years. Free trade has unearthed more knowledge about the value of fuels--and of the technology that transforms them into useful energy--than was ever the case in a regulated market. Along with vigorous competition, free markets also bring uncertainty and unpredictability--a kind of trading frenzy that results in price volatility. From time to time, and for reasons that are not entirely obvious to the average consumer, prices of commodities such as oil go up, sometimes sharply, recurrently and repeatedly, and always inconveniently. Once goods and services enter the world of commodity markets, they become part of a trading system so vast, and now so global, as to make it difficult for any individual or group to manipulate supply and price as OPEC did during the notorious decade of energy crises. Identifying causes and effects of price changes also becomes difficult when markets take over.
If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

#150995 - 04/03/03 03:21 PM Re: How much is gas where you are?
Danl & the Boop Offline
Here in Ontario it's 70 cents for regular a litre = $3.22 a gal. Cdn. = $2.01 US per gallon.
It's all a game by the oil companies. they made the biggest profits in history in the last two years. we are being ripped off but good. mad mad mad

#150996 - 04/03/03 06:50 PM Re: How much is gas where you are?
Debbie Offline
They certainly are doing well! The oil companies around here are hiring for positions when everyone else is cutting budgets, starting hiring freezes and laying off folks. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 50 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.