Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#151046 04/07/03 11:43 AM
OP Offline
Hi boarders,
I miss reading the board but I have been so snowed under with work, home, and all aspects of life these days that I can't get a minute for myself. I need a clone. Hope I didn't miss anything too good. I was worried that it would be the june texas party before I would get updated.
Went to ac in march, had a great time.
The best thing to report was a night snorkel at hol chan. Phillis and Kevin (fry69 on the board) asked us to go before our trip and I am so glad they did. It was great to see under the sea at night. We saw two large octopi/octopuses ??? and squid that shot ink. Lots of new stuff.
The worst thing to report was that there were no sharks at shark/ray alley. Plenty of rays tho. I can only hope it was the mass influx of cruise & other tourists rather than illegal fishing.
Met boarder wendy 10 and she truly is.
Met phillis and Kevin aka fry69 and had fun with them. I guess they haven't surfaced from their trip either.
Met the infamous bill thornton. He is alive and well and there is a strong possibility that he is harboring other missing folks such as elvis.
Met scubalady - harriette. She is enjoying life living above mannelys ice cream parlour. Makes you pea green with envy.
Met Vickie at ci. Was a quick visit and I had a mishap with some fruit so a big apology is going her way as soon as I can.
Met sharky at rubys. Hope your belikin finally arrived.
Met ibirie and his kingwood?woodlands buds. He has a bud that will show the full monty if encouraged in the right manner. I think they will be at the june shindig.
Margie and ada are pretty as ever.
Had a great time at the hideaway with bartender jim (I think it was jim, ?!? I told you I had a great time)
Had a similar great time at palapa bar. Eric sends thanks to ana for the belikin girl coasters.
Talked to silkpainter on cc, she was having a very good day that day and I need to email her to see if it is status quo. Davids girls loved her work. Hope everyone takes home a piece of her work.
We left for corozal and had lunch at tonys. Very nice setting and people. A taxi driver that we met at the airport in corozal came back after lunch and drive us across the boarder to chetumal. That is the way to go if you do not know the routine or the language. He took us to the cocos hotel. We were pleased. Great restaurant in front. It is on a street of shopping, shopping, shopping. Watches, perfume, shoes, clothes, etc. david banned me from all shopping as we were schlepping our luggage across belize and mexico this trip. We managed at the bus station getting our tickets to playa del carmen with my little spanish and their little English. "primo clause" was the main thing. The bus ride was 4 hours long and I didn't mind it but david said it's a little worse when you are 6'2" and 250 lbs. I can see his point. We saw a movie in English with Spanish subscripts. That made the time go faster.
The ferry to cozumel was just a short schlep from the bus station in playa. Next an infamous cozumel taxi ride to our resort and . . . . at the check in desk they asked me "are you checking in or out?" I said "we are checking in" we were sun burned, wind blown, and looking like we had just had a long journey. They said "where have you been, in cancun for a week or something?" I told david, quick run to the room, look in the mirror and get our tourist clothes on. It was an adjustment. I preferred san pedro style and speed. We did get to swim with sharks at palancar and the wedding we attended was right out of a fairy tale. But I know now why my cozumel days are over and I choose belize. Don't know where we will go next if ac gets any more commercial.
Well this rambling made up for all my missing weeks on the board and I will never do this again to you. It may be the june party before I can get another update.
Missing stewed chicken, beans and rice,
Gay and david

#151047 04/07/03 11:54 AM
Come to Caye Caulker if SP gets too commercial. I suppose I'll get lashed with a wet noodle for saying this on a San Pedro message board.
--Silk
www.cybercayecaulker.com
www.caribbean-colors.com

#151048 04/07/03 12:02 PM
Are the Belizean Breezes more prevalent on Caye Caulker???

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
#151049 04/07/03 12:04 PM
I coule answer that question 5 different ways, so I'll choose one.... its about the same as SP.
--Silk
www.cybercayecaulker.com
www.caribbean-colors.com

#151050 04/15/03 07:28 PM
Gay & David
It's about time you surfaced! It was fun meeting you. Can you believe someone stole my hammock the first day I was gone?
I have my ticket to return May 15th. Can only stay until July 1st. Plan to return to San Pedro for a more extended stay starting Aug.
When you coming back?
confused
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#151051 04/16/03 05:22 AM
Thanks for sharing! Wow, you sure were busy! Sounds like you had a great time. I never made it to CC, or to silkpainter's studio - next time!
smile Nuttin worse than a hammock thief!

#151052 04/16/03 05:24 AM
O
O
I was there and could not find silkpainters, I asked and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about.

#151053 04/16/03 12:20 PM
I found it easy. Came in from water taxi and after ya get to the road, turn left. The shop is on the right. Easy. smile

It's Caribbean Colors.

She's probably not known as Silkpainter to the islanders.

#151054 04/16/03 07:53 PM
It was a real pleasure in meeting your group!! Definately some live ones. I can't get over how many people that I meet in San Pedro from this message board. It's really much more than just mere coincedence!!

Gone fishing!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.