Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#151075 - 04/04/03 10:21 PM This is NOT a trip report, it's more of a people report.
denverdan Offline
Yes, we made it home late last night to snow, and none of us are happy to be home! I cried on the plane from SP to BC again... and Anne was welling up as well. Anne wants to write the trip report so I'll just mention some highlights of mine.... and maybe this week tell ya all what went on “meetin” with these folks.

Vicki and Butch of course were just the best! I even got my favorite room this time at Caribe Island! YIPPIE, no stairs, tons of privacy, pool, bar, ocean, and a fully stocked fridge! (anybody need some Mayo) Finally spent some time with Lacy, Sherlette, and Margaret, and several others from Caribe and had a blast with all!

Hanging with Bill Thornton a few days I/We very much enjoyed, and finally seeing Laguna Punta. Waving kisses and goodbyes to him through the plane window as it taxied down the runway cause he forgot about me. Boo hoo for me and BAD Bill Thornton!!! mad

Meeting CHOOCHOO, Swambo, and their VERY nice friends... what a treat that was! cool They be some REALLY great people! (ta think I was nervous about CHOOCHOO... geeze, what a dude of dudes both he, and Bob are!) Did anyone know Swambo is a recognized Artist... yes she is, as well as a beauty with brains! A rare find Choochoo, you best keep her around!

Meetin them Sweet Potato Queens, Pamela, Charlene, Pam, Carol, and Judy... OYYY VEYYY! Doin TONS of suckin up was a real hoot!!! As well as meetin some of them Spud Studs, Norman and RD. Talk about STUDS...baby OH baby! (Hey Norm... you still workin that other Queens nomination for me?)

Seeing and hanging with our very good Belizean friends, (the popcorn to die for!) but missing dinner with the whole family due to miscommunication and my back injury. Couldn't even say goodbye to them because we were running late for the plane. BLAST, gotta go back soon so I can say a proper goodbye. Oh, and Chico... it's not nice to laugh at someone every two minutes when they be injured and in mucho pain. Remember that! wink OUCH! hehe

Seeing again, and meeting other wonderful Belizeans whom I hope will be close with us in the future.

Seeing Andy there... I saw her more times in SP then we see each other in Denver. Dot, Elodia,(sp) and Daniel, are some folks to admire as well!

Finally meeting Marilyn from Rasta Pasta. What a gal and what a beautiful fun wedding that was!

Finally meeting Ana, the better half of Jim from PL. Ana is such a SWEETIE, she even found me a Doctor to check out my back. Talk about some fast service. wink We never did make it down to the Palapa, but I heard many MANY good things about it. Dang back of mine! Best of luck Ana and Jim, you two are sooo cute together! Many thanks again as well!

Seeing Mark and Mary again is always a treat. Thanks for hanging with Maggie when I was suckin up! Hope your move is complete and now organized as well. Say hey to Frank and his better half for us please, as well as others we met through you, whom I know I have forgotten to mention! (blame it on jet lag please) lol

Seeing Elizabeth and Tim again. Man what a great house... congrats to you! I show up two weeks to late, and more then several dollars short.

James and Ebbe are always toooo cool, as is Cat 7. Thanks for the GREAT music and hugs! EVERYBODY really needs to see them!

We met Kay, what a very, very, nice person she is. Man did we have an adventure one day!

Apologies to Mike.. the last day just flew by, I'll e-mail you. Thanks for the call about all my clothes being sold all around San Pedro. lol

OMG... I almost forgot Roger and Kim. What a HOOT! You all should meet this guy, he must carry a suitcase full of joke stuff., tooooo funny a dude! How does Kim put up with ya mon? HOWEVER... next time you get to drive Misty home! I would NOT have been hurt if ya listened to me much earlier! I NORMALLY am a homebody and in bed at a DECENT hour. Not like some folks I just met...

Oh geeze, and Lacy, it was great to meet you and Ron for real this time. Thank you soooooo much for holding my hand like I was a little kid to get the meds! You are just the sweetest!

Tiffany and Jim, (lol) we best be invited to your wedding and it best be at Caribe Island, cause I wanna be a flower girl.

I'm afraid we missed seeing many other folks we know, and I do apologize! I'll never let Anne Child drive a golf cart again. I'll try Maggie next time.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE... this is not a trip report, but I just HAD to write something! As I mentioned Anne wants to write that one on her own... TEENAGERS! humph! (and she takes longer then I do to write stuff. lol)

Anywho... really great trip had by our family! Mags caught another fish and ate it, she also had a total blast and keeps asking me if we found a house there yet...
Anne Child is as love sick now for Belize as I am. (that's about time if ya ask me)
I had such a hoot hanging with friends and with them Queens, just wish I was not injured, and could enjoy more of the last 5 days there...

OMG and OH GEEZE, don't wanna forget Dan...
I'll say it again... he is my rock and I am sooo lucky, and totally in love with him!!!
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING DAN!!! (especially for puttin up with me) wink

So I'm NOT happy to be home... but I am happy for all the people I am lucky enough to have in my life and my heart!

P.S. Did ya all know you can only use 8 of them there graemlins on a page? Yep it's true! Then if ya go back to remove them, EVERYTHING goes away! OMG, ya know how long this post took to write??? eek

#151076 - 04/04/03 10:26 PM Re: This is NOT a trip report, it's more of a people report.
Axeman Offline
Thanks Hope...15 days and I'll be in heaven...I need a pick up right about now.
can't wait to hear your report..
Welcome back!
Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...

#151077 - 04/05/03 05:10 AM Re: This is NOT a trip report, it's more of a people report.
rickcheri Offline
Hey Hope,
Boy it sounds like we were there!! Thanks for the update!!! We will be there in 17 days!!!
Sorry to miss ya, but we do have the Texas Party!!!
Talk with ya soon,
Rick wink

#151078 - 04/05/03 10:28 AM Re: This is NOT a trip report, it's more of a people report.
I shall be eternally grateful to Dan myself for so artfully adjusting an outrageously expensive pair of sunglasses so that they stopped cutting grooves in "bullet head". Surely must have bought those in a "blue" moment.

Also we need to apologize for the rude interuption of his hammock time Thursday a.m. But ya know there is something about two or three double One Barrels that can cloud the judgement of even the most erudite. (I guess those would be "Double Barreled") Lest anyone get the wrong idea about my beloved SWIMBO from Hope's generous comments, in truth she's an aspiring fingerpainter, resembles Quasimoto, and really isn't all that sharp. After all, look who she had the lack of wisdom to wed.

It was great to meet ya Hope and Dan, even though the witness protection thing is now pretty much blown, and I have a very nasty message from a parole officer.

Take care of those kids, they are precious.

#151079 - 04/05/03 05:17 PM Re: This is NOT a trip report, it's more of a people report.
skullyboy Offline
Wow Hope, sounds like you had a rip roaring time. I get the feeling that`s what it`s like where ever you go. I bet it was tough coming home to cold wet weather after time in paradise. Keep cool. love yeah girl. Daryl

#151080 - 04/05/03 05:59 PM Re: This is NOT a trip report, it's more of a people report.
LB Offline
Hi Choo Choo, Are you still on San Pedro? Come by Caribe Island Sun or Tues between 10am and 7pm and I'll buy you a One Barrell!!

Folks, Hope and Dan are such fun and generous people! Hope even ran her family out of their suite so I could hide out and relax on my lunch breaks!
Guys, it's so quiet here without your family and Misty's family. Hurry back soon. Your new friend at Caribe Island, Lacy
Caribe Island Resort

#151081 - 04/06/03 10:44 AM Re: This is NOT a trip report, it's more of a people report.
rickcheri Offline
Not to worry ...Lacy-plenty of us folks will be there soon!!! C....what hours do you work??? Hope-can't wait to meet you at the PARTEE!!

#151082 - 04/06/03 04:27 PM Re: This is NOT a trip report, it's more of a people report.
Laguna Punta Offline
After the Hurricane Walters, I'm off to the mainland for some R&R. I really enjoyed your visit, and looking forward to the next time. PS. The seat belt that I installed in the Purple Steed has a shoulder harness, too. Just so yah don't crack ya fragile head. Haven't figured out anything 'bout strayin scandals/sandals!
Gone fishing!!

#151083 - 04/06/03 11:40 PM Re: This is NOT a trip report, it's more of a people report.
denverdan Offline
Axeman, I'm totally jealous and wish we were still there! Have a really great time!!!

R, I'm looking forward to the Texas gig... Belize lovers are always cool to hang with!
C, Are ya sure ya wanna meet me? lol I still remember that butt comment. wink

ChooChoo, man you are a hoot! Fingerpaintin and Quasimoto, YEA RIGHT! lol
Ya know, Dan freaks me out when he does that stuff with peoples glasses. I'm always afraid of "breakage", and hammock time... PLEASE. They need to put a sign up above that hammock with Dan's name on it. He's always there! lol
Sorry to have blown that cover of yours too!

Daryl, I'm slowing down a bit these last few years, but we do seem to always have some fun. Hey dude guess what? We had your rooms at Caribe, my FAV! However... Dan and I took Colby's room for a bit more privacy. That worked REAL fine till I cracked the rib/s. eek

Lace your makin me blush girl. I don't need any more stories about me being a sweet thing, my true identity will be tarnished. hehe

Bill Thornton, I love ya! (shakin my head, laughing, with a grin ear to ear) You are a VERY bad man!

#151084 - 04/07/03 12:19 AM Re: This is NOT a trip report, it's more of a people report.
skullyboy Offline
Hey Hope, Guess what Colby just won school tuition for a year in a photography contest at school. I told you he got some killer shots when we were there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (pamkillen, 1 invisible), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,739 Topics
461,315 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.