Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#151100 - 04/05/03 01:49 PM Best Massage in AC?
Axeman Offline
Just wondering if anyone has any info...
My body is about to give out and I'm gonna need a "HARD" rub. I've been rushing the renovation I'm doing and have torn up this ol' body.
If you have a general idea what most charge, that would be helpful.

14 days and a wakeup.... THANK GOD!!!!!!!!

#151101 - 04/05/03 01:54 PM Re: Best Massage in AC?
o jackie Offline
I have had about 4 and did not care for any of them. I am going to try the tropic touch, in town across from Fidos. You could go first and let me know how it is.

Hi Jackie,
My name is Vicki Campbell, I have had a studio in my home (which is next door to Xanadu, close to Banyan Bay)for two years...then in Sept. of this year I rented the space on the third flor of the Island Plaza building which is right across the street from Fido's Courtyard. I have three treatment rooms and we do facials, herbal wraps, salt glows, seaweed/sugar scrubs, hot stone massage, manicures and pedicures. I do massages and I have another fulltime massage therapist as well as an assistant who does facial, manicure and pedicures...so we can actually work on three people at a time.. The massages range from $60 to $90 US depending on which one you get, facials from $45 to $75, manicures $25 and pedicures $30...I will give a 15% discount on two treatments or more and am flexible when booking for a large party...
My phone number is 011-501-226-4666, or 011-501-600-1031.
thanks for your email and I hope I can be of service to you ..
Vicki Campbell

I am not advertising either, never been there or met the lady, just posting the email she sent me. I will try it out in May and let everyone know.

Jackie

#151102 - 04/05/03 01:59 PM Re: Best Massage in AC?
Axeman Offline
I can do that...I might even consider having someone run me over in a golf cart...thats what it's gonna take to loosen up my shoulders....can you say STRESSED OUT!
laugh

Thanks Jackie!

#151103 - 04/05/03 02:01 PM Re: Best Massage in AC?
o jackie Offline
No it hurts to much to say STRESSED OUT!!!! wink I could say Belize very easily though. 30 days!!!!

Jackie

#151104 - 04/05/03 02:26 PM Re: Best Massage in AC?
bywarren Offline
Axeman: I tried to e-mail you from your address given on your web page but would not go thru. Help.

PS: or you can reach me at bywarren@aol.com

#151105 - 04/06/03 12:06 AM Re: Best Massage in AC?
LB Offline
Hi Axeman, Vicki Campbell is very good, that's who Tim and Elisabeth see. Also good are the masseuses from Sol Spa. We recomend them for our guests at Caribe Island. I can get you in touch. Re your offer to bring something down I do have a small request. Please email me at lacybudd@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks, dude. Won't be long now!!

#151106 - 04/06/03 04:53 AM Re: Best Massage in AC?
Axeman Offline
Thanks all...Lacy I'll come by and see you all when I get down. Can't wait to meet Vicki too!
Stress kills folks...

#151107 - 04/06/03 05:11 AM Re: Best Massage in AC?
Chris Offline
I have had massage treatment by several of the establishments here on AC, including Vicky's. I've enjoyed the service at all of them. Great for relaxation, just fine for lightly stiff muscles.

BUT! If you are really looking for something to treat muscles that are ready to go into spasm or that are badly tight or inflamed go to the Kung Fu massage guy on Middle Street close to Cocina Caramba restaurant. I run a lot and at age 44 I find that tight muscles can cause all sorts of problems. This guy is Chinese, ex Red Army, super-fit (despite the fact he smokes like a chimney) and he's GOOD at his craft. He is 50 years old, he looks about 30. He uses acupressure (I think it's supposed to be like acupuncture without the needles). The technique is painless and quite relaxing but is also incredibly effective. Traditional massage is also used. If you have a specific problem area he will concentrate a bit more on that, but you will receive treatment for the whole body as all muscles are connected. Take the hour long treatment (there is a 30 minute option which is good for a "follow up" visit).

If you've got the money and the time a 1 hour treatment by the Kung Fu guy followed by a light, gentle 1 hour massage by Vicky or the girls at Soul Spa would make for a great morning or afternoon.

#151108 - 04/06/03 05:37 AM Re: Best Massage in AC?
Axeman Offline
Thanks Chris....I'll look up both...I'm hurting and my regular person retired.

#151109 - 04/06/03 05:41 AM Re: Best Massage in AC?
o jackie Offline
Thanks Chris!!!

Jackie wink

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.