Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#153350 - 06/14/03 01:47 PM Skullyboy
NYgal Offline
I created this for you. I didn't want your posts lost in another thread. I am goint to add what I had said to this instead.
Hugs, tears and comfort to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
skullyboy

Member # 795

posted 06-14-2003 03:15 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joni, passed away this morning at 12:03. What a huge loss in my life. I guess it's wierd to post something like that here, but I need the support from all the friends here I know you know who you are and those that I don't know. Vicki how do I go on from here? I know so many of you have had great words of positive incouregement in the past. I could really use them now. Any thoughts on how to help Colby with the lose of his mom I could really use. Thanks Daryl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP: Logged |

skullyboy

Member # 795

posted 06-14-2003 03:19 AM
Sweet Jane you've your share of toubles any words of advice? Sorry I guess I'm just reaching out here.

Teenah

Member # 3717

posted 06-14-2003 05:52 AM
Skully Boy,

Your words of comfort at the time of my loss were so needed and appreciated. As I've learned over the past six months, the process of grief is one day at a time. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I believe our loved ones are in a better place now, and I hope you find the peace that I do in that thought. Hang in there Skully.

Teenah

NYgal

Member # 1443

posted 06-14-2003 06:40 AM
Skullyboy, my heartfelt thoughts are with you.

Hold on to the strength that has gotten you this far and build from here.

Life has some difficult turns and corners. Go ahead with the thoughts of today, remember the yesterdays and utilize the tomorrows.

Tears to and for Skullyboy and his Joni.
I am still with you.
IP: Logged

#153351 - 06/14/03 03:14 PM Re: Skullyboy
dbdoberman Offline
Saying sorry seems so inadequate, Skully, but I am sorry for your loss. Getting through the grief will not be easy, but soon Colby and you will be remembering all the good times you shared with Joni, great adventures, and humorous things said and done. Someday soon, the remembering will put smiles on your faces, and the grief will lessen, and you will go on - just like Joni would have wanted you to. Stay stong and God Bless.

#153352 - 06/14/03 03:19 PM Re: Skullyboy
Anonymous
Daryl,
I know there are no words right now.... just know that you had a great love that will continue always.
I will write you soon.
All who knew Joni are crying with you. What an extraordinary lady.

#153353 - 06/14/03 04:25 PM Re: Skullyboy
denverdan Offline
Daryl, I read this over an hour ago and just didn't know what to say... I still don't...
I've been walking around the house saying bad words, but I know that doesn't help or change anything.
Ah Daryl, I'm so, so, sorry for you, Colby's, and everyones loss. Our sincere condolences to you and yours! Joni will me missed by many! Keep strong Daryl, I send you and Colby big hugs.
Stay strong, don't fall apart now...
Much love,
Hope

#153354 - 06/14/03 04:40 PM Re: Skullyboy
Mosquitorose Offline
Daryl, I know that hearing from us does mean a lot to you even if it doesn't alleviate your pain at the moment. A lot of us can understand what you are going through right now and do feel for you. This is a sad time that only gets better with time. Each night you go to sleep remember that tomorrow will be a little better and that is what you must cling to. The psalms are a wonderful comfort, read them daily especially, “The Lord is my Shepard”. As time goes by and you continue on with your life you will remember only the happy times and be glad you at least had this short time together.

#153355 - 06/14/03 05:12 PM Re: Skullyboy
Chloe Offline
Daryl and Colby, reading the above posts, tells us we are here for one another all the time.

We are a special warm group of caring people, and have embraced Joni, you and Colby.

Grief is huge, just let the grief pour out, until you are strong enough, to accept life and all it has to offer again. Especially Colby needs to go with his grief, for now. Grief will turn the corner one day, and you can feel and remember again. Grieving is the first step to healing, and a necessary process, for both of you.

Bless you for loving and caring for Joni.

Joni is so missed, but she is with us forever.

#153356 - 06/14/03 05:51 PM Re: Skullyboy
o jackie Offline
Darryl,
Please let Colby read this or read it to him. This was sent to me when my mother passed in October of 2001.

Remember Me:

Remember me when the flowers bloom
Early in the spring
Remember me on sunny days
In the fun that summer bring

Remember me in the fall
As you walk through the leaves of gold
And in the wintertime rememeber me
In the stories that are told

But most of all remember
Each day- right from the start
I will be forever near
For I live within your heart.

Jackie

#153357 - 06/14/03 07:09 PM Re: Skullyboy
Gela Offline
Daryl, my deepest condolances to you and your family. I too would like to share a poem, written by my then boyfriend for my Mother who passed away back in 1980:

"Catch the wind and ride it for miles...
Forget your troubles and leave them behind
There's no time for problems or worries of any kind
If you speak through your heart, you can conquer all time...
You'll be free..."
dcb

May peace with with Joni always.

Gela

#153358 - 06/15/03 03:32 AM Re: Skullyboy
rickcheri Offline
Yes-Peace be with you and Colby....Joni will be with you ALWAYS and in All Ways!!!!! You are in our prayers and May God Bless You with Much strenght!! C&R

#153359 - 06/15/03 03:35 AM Re: Skullyboy
skullyboy Offline
Right now all I can say is thanks all. Daryl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 23 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.