Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Jay L. Offline OP
OP Offline
J
We're going to be on Ambergris Caye November 21-28, 2003, enjoying kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, and bicycling.

Anyone else going to be there at that time, who'd like to join us for some of these activities?

-Jay and Yoshiko
Atlanta, GA, US

Sorry, nobody in San Pedro in November.

Gone fishing!!
E
E
Bill, Have you been hanging out with Peter? wink

Jay,
My wife, Della, and I are planning a return visit to San Pedro from Nov 21 to Dec 1. Got a decent airfare from USAir and can't wait to go. Although, we still have 5 month to wait. Lets hear from others that are planning to go over the Thanksgiving holidays. smile

great to see somebody else is gonna be there over thanksgiving. the flo clan==at least 4 of us will be arriving on the 25--4 more on the 27--hopefully by then there will be even more coming.===we*ll all have to get together and do a toast to something. papa flo

Hi Ernie: Is it catching? Bill

Gone fishing!!
E
E
Yeah. And by the way, do you have that stupid "T" shirt That gal is driving everyone nuts about ? A bordello huh ? Hummm, O.K. !

E!

J
Jay L. Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Wow! Nice to see so much activity on my little post!

To the smartypants who suggested that San Pedro is empty in November, I did notice that San Pedro Days happens during that time frame... :-}

So, of you folks who will be around at that time, is anyone interested in kayaking out to the reef with us for snorkeling? We're staying at Xanadu which provides kayaks for us, so we'll be launching right from the beach at Xanadu.

How about hiking, if there is anything that could legitimately be called hiking on Ambergris Caye? When we're in mountains, we've been known to trek up to 17 miles in one day, though I think on this more tropical vacation we'll keep it down to maybe 12 miles or so !)

Bicycling up and down most of the Caye with us? (If I can get my wife on a bicycle for that long .. any time I bring up bicycles, she comments about how she had to ride to and from school, up hill both ways, in the boiling snow, when she was a girl... >8-] ).

Maybe just lead us to good eating?

See you in November!
-Jay

My "smartypants" response was my way of saying that the true attraction in San Pedro is the folks here 365 days a year. PS. I don't feel bad... I've been called worst!!

Gone fishing!!
J
Jay L. Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey Bill -

I apologize - I assumed you were making a joke about San Pedro Days. I definitely didn't mean for my reply to come across as critical! I was trying to be funny back.

Your much more serious answer raises a new question for me:

I get the feeling that the permanent population of the Caye is fairly small compared to the total population (including visitors) at peak times of the tourist season.

So, are the people you're referring to the total (including transient) population, or the folks who are the real residents of Ambergris Caye?

When we visited Negril Jamaica a few years ago, it was also at the US Thanksgiving time and so the tourist lodgings were pretty full. The people we most enjoyed were the ones who lived in Negril year-round, not the tourists.

We're looking forward to meeting the people who call Ambergris Caye home, as well as other visitors.

See you there/then?

-Jay

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.