Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
SAN PEDRO SOCIAL CLUB
The san pedro social club now has an email address so that we can officially become official. It is [email protected]
Mark you calendars for next year. Mid May, 2004 has been tentatively chosen for our second annual spsc party. Everyone is invited and welcome. As you can see we are starting early so that it will again be a day to remember.
In an attempt to become truly organized and prepared, we are extending membership
options to all interested. We are offering an annual individual membership for $25.00 and $40.00 per family. This will allow plans to be made for members without placing the financial burden on any one individual.
We are in the beginning stages so please feel free to email any ideas or suggestions.
Also I would like your email addresses to create an address book. cool
Thanks
gay

E
E
Gay, Good start ! Dues are a great idea, trust me !! Between the banner, boat beer, panty rippers and food, I spent $$$$$. The only thing that broke even was the boat itself! O.K. People, to accomadate several request, the date for our 2004 Partee will be Saturday May 15th 2004 at Papa's on The Lake. (Yep, Dick & Nancy want us back). If there are other suggestions/request, now is the time to talk about it. Lets start making plans now. Our goal is 100 people for next year. Not only will we have fun but raise a lot more money for the LIONS CLUB of SAN PEDRO!!

Thanks again Gay!

E!

Gay, great beginning. Need to let everyone know how to make out checks for dues and where to mail. I will email you cool Ernie, sorry you were out a lot of $$$$$, you should have charged us more. Didn't everyone pay for their drinks on the boat or did you get short changed? frown confused

Ernie, not sure who is going to be running things, but having been in your shoes many times over the years I suggest the following:

The first thing I would do is talk to whoever runs the hotel and get them to commit to a rate now. They will be more than happy to give you a rate for a future, definite booking. They can also give you a rate break if the group exceeds so many people.

Then I would do the same thing for the boat, etc. The owners would be more than happy to quote a rate this far in advance and sometimes give a rate break as well.

I would go right down the list, item for item, get prices and rates for everything.

When that's all done you should have a pretty comprehensive list of costs... I'd even figure in the cost of little things like a new banner... or simply reuse the old one if possible.

Then I would decide if these items should be paid by dues, or on a payment schedule. A lot of people will say "yeah sure put me down... then when they see at the end how much they have to pay, they are all of a sudden busy... laugh

You could even set up payment dates to make it easier for people. So much by this date, and so much by that date...

I hope I'm not insulting your intelligence by suggesting these things because that's not my intention. But hey, it's 5:45 AM here in Texas and I have nothing better to do... laugh

Oh, Gay here is my email: [email protected]

Denny eek

E
E
Hi Denny, Trust me, nothing in your post was insulting. Input is appreciated from everyone (almost) ha. The hotel rate was negotiated back in March, rates were discounted from $90 to $60, same for the boat. Thoes areas were not the problem as they were fixed cost. It was the xtras, banner $125.00 (sent to the island to one of our sponcers) BBQ Dinner priced too low ($10.00, should have been at least $15.00) Dick and I picked up the difference, boat drinks, I think some folks forgot to settle up at the end, it was on the honor system. All in all I was out approx $300.00. But, it was worth every cent! And I would do it all over again!!!! AND PROBABLY WILL! I think the dues as outlined are fair and hopefull will avoid any shortfall next year. AND THERE WILL BE A NEXT YEAR! May 15th to be exact. I hope you will continue to make suggestions as we go through year.

E!

Count us in for the family dues. Just let us know where and when to send it in. Can't wait for next year's party!

Ernie...

Above you write "All in all I was out approx $300.00. But, it was worth every cent! And I would do it all over again!!!!"

Ummmm, could you organize a small party in my back yard? laugh laugh

E
E
Sure Denny, Just furnish the ladies ?

E! wink

E
E
smile Trying to think of a good excuse to attend next years PARTEE ? How about "Round Trip Air for Two to Belize on Contential Air Lines"!! This one I may try to "palm" myself. If you guys want to keep this Partee going, all proceeds received from auction,raffels etc. are going to the San Pedro Lions Club. We have a goal of raising $2000.00. Help us meet that goal by making early plans to attend. We will post an address for membership dues soon. Will keep you advised.

Ernie

E
E
bump

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.