Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15386 11/05/02 07:32 PM
S
SMance Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, based on some recommendations I received here, I booked a week at Hamanasi in February. Any information that anybody has about the resort would be appreciated. We booked their package which includes 5 "adventures". If anybody has been there can you recommend which ones are worth doing. We plan on diving some and would like to explore some ... and of course just sitting on th beach with a drink sounds good too!
I read somewhere that the sandfleas can be bad there - how bad?

THANKS for any comments.

#15387 11/06/02 11:18 AM
Hamanasi is great -- beautiful facilities and pool, well-run. Sandfleas (or sandflies, never can remember which it is) can be bad around Hopkins, but when I've been at Hamanasi they have not been a problem.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#15388 11/07/02 01:15 AM
Hey Lan, At Lamanai I was told the "ancient Mayan secret" for sandwhatevers....
Baby Oil
I wasn't fortunate enough to need this information myself, but the woman working at the gift shop swore by it.

#15389 12/07/02 02:35 PM
D
D
We stayed at Hamanasi when they first opened. We loved it! They are great people. The owners, the staff, the dive team, everyone bent over backwards to make our stay a delightful one. Most of us did the dives, but we took a few adventures too. All of them were good. The sand flies were a problem only one night. Out of the 10 people in our group, only one really got bit up and had trouble afterwards. Dana (owner) told us to use baby oil. I guess it works. We are planning a return trip during whale shark season. I would recommend the place to anyone without reservation!

Check out our trip website if you want http://dirgni.tripod.com/belize2000/

#15390 12/07/02 03:53 PM
Very nice addition to the board, thank you !

It's on our list of places to visit this year. It's only a short walk from where we stay.

Bugs reside on every continent except Antartica.

If there is a breeze the 'sand whatevers' leave you alone and generally when we go, there is a breeze.

Thanks for sharing that good site of yours.
smile

#15391 12/08/02 07:05 PM
NAZ Offline
Originally posted by SMance:
Well, based on some recommendations I received here, I booked a week at Hamanasi in February. Any information that anybody has about the resort would be appreciated. We booked their package which includes 5 "adventures". If anybody has been there can you recommend which ones are worth doing. We plan on diving some and would like to explore some ... and of course just sitting on th beach with a drink sounds good too!

THANKS for any comments.

#15392 12/08/02 07:14 PM
NAZ Offline
Originally posted by NAZ:YOUR RECOMENDATIONS WERE CORRECT. Hamanasi is a great resort with a wonderful staff. David and Danna are the owners and they treat their staff like workers need to be treated, like human beings. I will not say any thing about some other resorts for fear of being edited. Their dive team works together very well considering they are all brothers. As far as sand flies are concerned, take their advice, they live there. Who am I, I am the guy that built the pier and installed the boat lifts after hurricane Iris. Just say hello for me and tell them Arron will pay my bar tab.
Originally posted by SMance:
[b]Well, based on some recommendations I received here, I booked a week at Hamanasi in February. Any information that anybody has about the resort would be appreciated. We booked their package which includes 5 "adventures". If anybody has been there can you recommend which ones are worth doing. We plan on diving some and would like to explore some ... and of course just sitting on th beach with a drink sounds good too!

THANKS for any comments.
[/b]

#15393 12/17/02 08:30 PM
J
J
I just got a week long vacation in Hamanasi for my graduation present. We will be going in late june during the full moon. Hopefully the whale sharks will be around. I have heard nothin but good things so far. Anybody have any more recomendations on what to do. I'd really like to find a job doing excavations for an archeaologist on any of the new Mayan digs that are being started to increase tourism and extend my week visit into a year or more. Any advise from the locals??

Peace.
Light.

#15394 12/21/02 09:20 AM
Great website dirgni, really enjoyed it, will add it to our Belize Links area!

those dangerous unknown sea creatures sure looked scary!!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 321 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.