Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#155255 - 07/15/03 10:12 PM Another ?
Jimw41 Offline
What do you know about Paradise Palace??

#155256 - 07/16/03 08:24 AM Re: Another ?
toad Offline
it has a cheesy name?

#155257 - 07/16/03 11:03 AM Re: Another ?
seashell Offline
Jim, go into the search function and enter in Paradise Palace, select About Ambergris Caye and Any Date as your criteria. A few posts will hop up that might be helpful to you.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#155258 - 07/16/03 09:24 PM Re: Another ?
denverdan Offline
We stayed at Paradise Palace on our 2nd trip to Belize. It is a lovely home with a beautiful view and a large pool.
Our only complaints were...
the pool was not filled and working until our 4th or 5th day there (when ya think you have 7 days but two of those days are travel...well, not much time to enjoy the pool if it"s not up and working. (Pixs upon request) lol
there were no screens on the windows which would not have been a problem if all the air conditioners worked. Only 2 air conditioners in the entire home worked, so our kids were bunking together in a 5 bedroom home. (there were only 4 of us) It gets a bit stuffy at night with no breeze and no AC. (I don't know how I got so spoiled. eek )
we were told by the owners we could leave the home opened up... french doors open for the breezes when we went to town or took a walk because the caretaker was there all day. Well, the caretaker told us we had to lock the entire house up any time we left. Not a big deal and something we all do at our homes. However me, the mama was in charge of running up and down the stairs shutting and opening doors. It can wear a body out. ;-) (hummm I don't know how my kids got so spoied either wink )
a few beers and my Cartier sunglasses mysteriously disappeared
the phone was more like a radio and constantly cut out. We had to call for a tour 4 times to the same place before we got the message through. lol It is Belize... but :rolleyes:
there is a TV shown on one of the pixs on the web site, but none in the house when we were there
oh... they also have air beds in all the BR's, cool for some... not for us.
Other then that the home is really lovely! Large, spacious, quiet area, beautiful view, the roof top is amazing at night viewing the stars, and a few good restaurants within walking distance if you don't have a cart.
Even though I “think” we got a pretty good deal cash wise, it was not worth it in the long run for our family at that particular time. Maybe the problems we had were isolated incidences, who knows...but when you particularly ask about the pool and AC prior, you kinda expect them to be working. Oh, you do know the owners want cash prior to the trip, no credit cards.
I want to give the owners a break here as well though, they left town with some personal family business and did not return till like a day or two before we were leaving. Maybe they had no idea about the pool and AC. However they never did answer my e-mail upon return....
The last 3 times we have been to the Island we have stayed at Caribe Island Resort and have had not one complaint or problem. (well... except when I added mayo to our grocery list. lol That dang jar could have lasted me a year. hehe) IMHO... I think if you choose anyplace with local management to speak with if there is a problem you cannot go wrong.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 28 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,685 Topics
461,184 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.