Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#155381 07/18/03 09:16 AM
Johnboy Offline OP
OP Offline
We arrived in Belize City Fri July 4th...Find out our Tropic flight is a 5 seat plane(my friends wife was not to sure she wanted on this plane)but it was really a great flight...Went straight to Moncho's (another story) & get golf carts..Checked in at Mata Rocks where we met Gail M who was staying at BB but was at The Squirrell's Nest..Had a Great dinner at Jamel Jerk... Saturday..., Went to the North end as far as we could on carts, then had lunch at Sweet Basils,great,.Had long conversation with owners, they are really nice people....Then just messed around town & back to MataRocks For some R&R in the pool...Sunday..Rode around just sight-seeing for a while then to BC's for the "don't want to miss" Bar-B-Que..Got to see our Island favorite bartender , Carlo(he is great) Went back to MataRocks And that is when the Rains came..Wow, did it rain!!!!Finally let up enough to go to Tropica(big mistake, but it was close) for dinner...Monday..Was booked to go fishing with Luis but his boat was having problems so we went snorkling with Reef Seekers, Glass bottom boat...Wow ..They are terrific....Had lunch at Elvie's (My wife loved it)...Went carting around and met Cris outside Casa Piaso(sp).Really enjoyed talking with him and really am sorry we never got back to his restaurant.. Tuesday...Luis was still having problems with his boat so we went fishing with Bobby from Ramones....Great trip..We caught plenty fish & went to a little hut up by (or maybe past) Mexico Rocks..Boy can he cook!!!!Great meal....
Then we went snorkling & then fished some more....Wednesday...Decided to go snorkling again on the Reef Seeker..Linda(my lovely wife) is not a great swimmer so she has never snorkeled.Mercedes convinced her he could teach her to snorkle &got her to try....This was her highlite of the trip...She is so proud she did it....Mercedes & his son Victor are heros in her mind!!! Dinner was at our FAVORITE, Papi's....
I havn't eaten at all the restaurants on AC but I can honestly say Papi's is the best I've ever eaten at!!!!Thursday>>>>Time to make a decision..
Do we stay & take a chance on Claudette turning or do we fly to the Mainland....OK we made the wrong decision but I'd rather be safe than sorry,
anyway Moncho's recalled all their golfcarts Thursday morning (without refund ,I might add)so off to Belize City we go ...Hotel for the night was $170.US for the night..OUCH...I was not impressed with Belize City so we will just leave it at that.....All in all to sum it up,We are already making plans for another trip back...
Johnboy (that crazy Texan) smile cool wink wink

John
#155382 07/18/03 09:36 AM
I'm so glad you had a great time! Tell me more about Mata Rocks, as we are staying there next month.

#155383 07/18/03 12:52 PM
Johnboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Turnbun,E-mail me & I'll tell you every thing you want to know.....

John
#155384 07/18/03 01:01 PM
Belize City is hard to like. San Ignacio is not. Maybe next time. I really enjoyed the pictures. That picture of that boat with that rolling dark cloud was great!!

Gone fishing!!
#155385 07/18/03 07:12 PM
Hmm...we kind of liked Belize City. I think it depends on where you go when you are there. We were at the Colton House, and in the Raddison Fort George area. Beautiful.

Dined at the Great House restaruant, forgot the name of it, but had a wonderful meal and no complaints. We wished we had more time that day to tour more of the area but I guess that will be next time smile

I also realize there are less desirable areas in the city too.

#155386 07/18/03 08:37 PM
I like BZ City too. It kind of grows on you!

#155387 07/18/03 08:44 PM
Johnboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Maybe I was just in a bad mood because we had to leave AC.....I liked the area around the Radison but the city was just not for me... Sorry.....
Also the cruise ship port was very nice but all the cruises were cancelled Friday so most of the shops were closed.....BUT,I still won't go back.... confused

John
#155388 07/19/03 06:38 AM
Sounds like you had a BLAST with the exception of BC! Your pixs are great too John. cool

#155389 07/20/03 11:54 PM
KC Offline
....and no refund on the golf cart? That just ain't right. If a hurricane ran a renter out of our house, I certainly would give them a refund. It's only fair.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#155390 07/21/03 09:39 AM
Johnboy Offline OP
OP Offline
KC...They(Moncho's) called our resort early Thursday Morn & told us to return our carts ASAP,something their insurance didn't cover the carts if they weren't secured....One hour later they sent 2people to pick them up. confused ...we didn't have a lot of time to argue ( better safe than sorry)so we left the island...Oh well we still had a wonderful time!!!!!!Johnboy laugh wink

John

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.