Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#155556 - 07/25/03 04:08 PM Anyone flown Taca?
govikes Offline
Okay I can't wait any longer. I'm going back the week of Thanksgiving and started looking for airfare--whew! The best I've found so far is on Taca (out of DFW) FOR $536. I know someone on here must have flown with them--how was it? Was it scarey? I mean do they have really old planes (I just have this vision of an old decrepit plane with falling apart seats, etc. - I DON'T know WHERE I got that idea). Or am I maybe looking too soon? 'cept that's holiday season and I can't see airfare going down. Anyway, if you have any comments on Taca, I appreciate hearing them! Hey Ernie are you going to be down there on Turkey Day????

#155557 - 07/25/03 04:44 PM Re: Anyone flown Taca?
Belikin Joe Offline
I've never flown TACA, and probably never will. A good friend of mine is a pilot (for small planes) and says a few years ago a TACA 737 ran out of gas and had to land on a dike in Louisiana. They had to take apart the plane and haul it out via 18 wheelers. I have another good friend from Louisiana that confirmed that story and he said the same thing happened again (but he wasn't sure if it was TACA or Aeromexico the second time).

Odds are you'll get there just fine; just request that they fill up the gas tank all the way!
And keep your eyes posted, Continental has been having these "One day sales" lately with some pretty good deals to BC. They just had one within the past week.

#155558 - 07/25/03 04:44 PM Re: Anyone flown Taca?
Mel S Offline
I have used Taca several times and I had no problems at all. The employees were very friendly, and my bags were never lost. I wish we had a Taca office in my near city ! Go Luck, Mel S....
Mel Sinderman

#155559 - 07/25/03 05:10 PM Re: Anyone flown Taca?
Diane Campbell Offline
I have flown TACA many many times.
No problems. This airline has been around for over 60 years. It has good airplanes and nice service service people.

#155560 - 07/25/03 05:13 PM Re: Anyone flown Taca?
Diane Campbell Offline
Maybe the lesson from the "out of gas" stories is to avoid flying to Louisiana?

#155561 - 07/25/03 05:37 PM Re: Anyone flown Taca?
Jester Offline
No first hand experience, but I heard that TACA is exchangable with Take A Chance Airline. Just something I found ammusing when I heard it laugh

#155562 - 07/25/03 05:40 PM Re: Anyone flown Taca?
mayatravel Offline
I'm actually impressed with any pilot who can land without gas and I love their seat upholstery. Used to be free unlimited liquor, so it was the most fun airline to fly on. Still offer one free drink.
Maya Travel Services

#155563 - 07/25/03 07:14 PM Re: Anyone flown Taca?
Denny Shane Offline
To be honest, the only flights I have EVER taken to Belize was on TACA out of Houston. Not one complaint. The stewardesses and crew were very nice.. I'll continure with them.

#155564 - 07/25/03 08:28 PM Re: Anyone flown Taca?
KathyMLT Offline
I've ended up on Taca a couple times due to schedule problems with Continental. The first time I was a little nervous and researched them some. One sight I found stated that they have NEVER had an airline crash..I found them to be pretty good and the last time I flew on them in December they still served you a decent meal even though it's only a couple hour or so flight from Houston. I would not hesitate to fly them.

#155565 - 07/25/03 09:16 PM Re: Anyone flown Taca?
klcman Offline
and don't worry about the fuel issue. NO ONE fills their tanks for short hops, never did. (that's why the 9/11 boys grabbed the coast-to-coast flights - full tanks)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.