Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#156545 - 08/22/03 11:07 PM Container - holding in Belize?
ScubaLdy Offline
I know many of you have moved to AC and had your household goods shipped. I am ready to contract with a mover and need to know whether it is better to store my belongings here for a few months or have them held in Belize City.
I am aware that it can take 4 to 6 weeks -- port to port. My villa will not be ready until February, at the earliest. I understand that the container is watertight and it will be the dry season so I am not worried about rain. Is there anything I should worry about?
Thanks for the help.
Harriette
cool

#156546 - 08/22/03 11:36 PM Re: Container - holding in Belize?
Laguna Punta Offline
Hi Harriette: Finding a good reliable "broker" might be the easiest, cheapest, way to go. I do not know of any myself, but I'll ask around. Take care: Bill

#156547 - 08/22/03 11:40 PM Re: Container - holding in Belize?
ScubaLdy Offline
Hi Bill
Have you burned all your midnight oil yet? When you going back to paradise?
I do have a broker who is willing to hold my container for me. I just need to know which way to go.
Harriette cool

#156548 - 08/22/03 11:52 PM Re: Container - holding in Belize?
Laguna Punta Offline
Colin and I shared a container and I do believe that the container is impounded at an "official" location until the Broker and the customs agent come to terms. This usually takes place in Belize City. After the container clears customs, the Broker and yourself make arrangements to ship it to San Pedro. Colin and the Broker did all the heavy lifting with our container.

#156549 - 08/23/03 12:03 AM Re: Container - holding in Belize?
Laguna Punta Offline
PS. Just bought another keg of whale oil,or scratch that, midnight oil...so I should be set up for awhile longer. I haven't got quite disgusted enough to plan my return to San Pedro...but I am making great progress on that front. PSS. I usually hold off on doing anything until absolutely necessary.

#156550 - 08/23/03 12:22 AM Re: Container - holding in Belize?
SFJeff Offline
We've always shipped goods ground to Miami to Hyde Shipping and/or taken delivery of goods/product directly at Hyde, had them consolidate the shipment(s) on their floor, and ship to Bze City... Their ship leaves Thursdays/arrives in Bze City the following Monday. Hyde's info is at http://www.hydeshipping.com/

Hyde will fax your broker the waybill directly... I believe they have 20' and 40' containers (and will aslo crate for export smaller items.) We've always had very good luck with them.

#156551 - 08/24/03 07:12 PM Re: Container - holding in Belize?
rickcheri Offline
Anybody know of a service that would ship DOGS, and maybe me???? C

#156552 - 08/24/03 07:16 PM Re: Container - holding in Belize?
NYgal Offline
http://www.yucatanexpress.com/faq.html

Did this service actually close?

Yes, I realize it is a distance for you Cheri' but....... wink

#156553 - 08/24/03 09:44 PM Re: Container - holding in Belize?
Anonymous
I checked out the boat and that sounds like a good way to go. Once you get to Cancun, I know you can take a bus cheaply to Belize. But do they allow dogs on the bus? One of our dogs flew from Alaska to Washington and didn't like it. We ended up leaving the kennel at the airport because of the lovely mess she left in it! She will be 10 1/2 by the time we come and I hate to traumatize her or sedate her. The other one is too stupid to care.

#156554 - 08/24/03 11:53 PM Re: Container - holding in Belize?
klcman Offline
The ferry is back up here in the NE plying the waters between Maine & Nova Scotia again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (dabunk, lomckenna, 1 invisible), 56 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,062 Topics
462,318 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.