Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#157287 - 09/20/03 06:32 PM MEXICAN BUS TO BELIZE
aka: Raul Offline
I AM THINKING ABOUT TAKING A BUS FROM THE TEXAS BORDER (MATAMOROS) TO CHETAMAUL. HAS ANYONE DONE THIS TRIP AND/OR OFFER COMMENTS ABOUT IT..I.E., COST, TIME, ETC

THANKS,

AKA: RAUL

#157288 - 09/20/03 07:39 PM Re: MEXICAN BUS TO BELIZE
chismera Offline
Nobody ever survived to tell the story

#157289 - 09/20/03 09:26 PM Re: MEXICAN BUS TO BELIZE
Laguna Punta Offline
Mexican Bus travel is fun, but 1st class is a must!! Bring blankets...they crank up the AC.

#157290 - 09/20/03 10:04 PM Re: MEXICAN BUS TO BELIZE
Marty Offline
we travel on mexican busses a lot. they are grand. the bus ports in the major cities are a lot like airports in the usa (most not as fancy of course, but some of the newer ones have shopping malls and are really super nice), each bus company has a wing of the facility and several "docks" outside that wing with their busses to choose from.

they are a-ok. assigned seating on the major routes. usually movies. usually several classes to choose from. first class is fine.

haven't taken that particular route, but would in a second!

#157291 - 09/22/03 01:32 AM Re: MEXICAN BUS TO BELIZE
Osiris Pilgrim Offline
I recently travelled this August from Matamorros border to Chetumal, Mexico. There is only one bus that leaves directly from Matamorros at 8:45pm (Mexico time) daily and arrives in Chetumal almost two days later at 5:00am. The bus ride takes 40 hours. The bus company's name is ADO. The passage cost is only $104.00US one way. The bus is air conditioned, movies are shown at intervals, and it has a toilet(or you can use the ones in the terminals or restaurants during stops). As well, the ride is very scenic and comfortable.

#157292 - 09/22/03 08:43 PM Re: MEXICAN BUS TO BELIZE
Osiris,

Thanks for the info. I bussed from Chappala to Chetumal several years ago and this trip sounds similar in cost and time. That also is a comfortable and scenic drive.

Raul

#157293 - 09/23/03 07:21 PM Re: MEXICAN BUS TO BELIZE
silkpainter Offline
I've traveled on the bus a lot (alone) in Mexico, and its safe and cheap, and I wouldnt have second thoughts about doing that trip. Just sit back, relax and let an expert do the driving. The buses are clean with bathrooms and videos, and the AC is cranked up. I've also driven thru Mexico (pulling a boat) and the trip was harrowing and very stressful. That driving trip thru Mexico went into the list of "Things To Never Do Again!" Although, I have read lots of accounts of wonderful driving trips thru Mexico, my experience wasnt good.
--Lee
www.caribbean-colors.com
www.cybercayecaulker.com

#157294 - 09/23/03 10:05 PM Re: MEXICAN BUS TO BELIZE
THANKS FOR THE ADVISE SILKPAINTER..I DROVE AN RV TO LAKE CHAPPALE AND BACK A FEW YEARS AGO AND ALSO NOT CONSIDER DOING THAT ONE AGAIN!!!..ALMOST WRECKED A MARRIAGE....

RAUL

#157295 - 09/23/03 10:16 PM Re: MEXICAN BUS TO BELIZE
Laguna Punta Offline
It is "very" important to reserve a seat a good distance from the restroom. I rode a bus to Antigua, Guatemala from Flores. A relief driver got tired, and went to sleep in the baggage department.

#157296 - 09/24/03 12:20 AM Re: MEXICAN BUS TO BELIZE
silkpainter Offline
I too made the mistake once on booking a seat next to the bathroom, I was exposed to WAY more information than I needed, if you get my drift. Also, the last seat in the bus doesnt recline, which doesnt matter on short stretches, but after a few hours...
--Lee
www.caribbean-colors.com
www.cybercayecaulker.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (FoFoFo), 27 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,051 Topics
462,279 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.