Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#15749 - 08/01/02 09:38 AM Barrier Reef to be sold
bywarren Offline
I do not usually divuldge my business dealings, but in this case I think the exception is in order. With the Belize Goverment privitizing and selling off all they can, I have been informed by good sources that I have received first right of refusal to purchase the Barrier Reef and I intend to exercise that right. So be very careful how you address me and what names you call me, because unless you are FOB ( friend of By ), you will not be allowed to dive, fish or snorkle on my reef, the soon to be "By's Reef". Not to be confused with "good by reef" as I intend to only use 20% of it.

#15750 - 08/01/02 09:52 AM Re: Barrier Reef to be sold
Enigma Offline

Can I have 2% of that 20% to open a "Reef Top Bar"? I'll call it the "By-Bar" !!

[This message has been edited by Enigma (edited 08-01-2002).]

#15751 - 08/01/02 09:56 AM Re: Barrier Reef to be sold
bywarren Offline
Your right again, Enigma. I thought it to be a bargain. I even got to use Belize dollars to buy it.

#15752 - 08/01/02 10:03 AM Re: Barrier Reef to be sold
bywarren Offline
Your way ahead of the rest, Enigma. I have plans to offer shares to those looking to make a pristine investment in Belize. I just have to develope my marketing scam. Someone else already is using "eco-friendly" and I am not sure "By-friendly" will be as successful. Oh, the covenants would restrict your bar to being a "topless bar".

[This message has been edited by bywarren (edited 08-01-2002).]

[This message has been edited by bywarren (edited 08-01-2002).]

#15753 - 08/01/02 10:41 AM Re: Barrier Reef to be sold
Chloe Offline
Bywarren you are the greatest, never leave us, please please.
You are to be admired, having spend 30 years in Belize and still having a great insight and sense of humor. You tickle my funny bone, and provoke my thinking all at the same time.
Oh cut me in for a % of By-Reef......lol.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 08-01-2002).]
Dare To Deviate

#15754 - 08/01/02 10:51 AM Re: Barrier Reef to be sold
yat Offline
Be careful By. You don't want to p*** off the Scub lady or the german chick.

#15755 - 08/01/02 10:53 AM Re: Barrier Reef to be sold
NYgal Offline
You made my day.............funniest yet.
Keep up the good humor.

I'll buy, by.

#15756 - 08/01/02 11:20 AM Re: Barrier Reef to be sold
BankerWoman Offline
By - maybe we can finance that for you??? And you could charge people to cross the reef by selling them a BYpass. But you would probably not let ScubaLady or munichchick inside the reef so that would make them Bygones (and we should always let bygones be bygones...). And we should probably name the channel they would take through the reef BYtheWay. (Forgive me folks, banker humor) Thinking of you, By, and considering having a Whitey's for lunch in your honor.

#15757 - 08/01/02 11:25 AM Re: Barrier Reef to be sold
Enigma Offline
Too funny!

I can see it's going to be one of those days!

Scubaldy and Munichchick please don't take offense. One day the two of you WILL find your niche in Belize. I believe that whole heartedly because I can see both of you want it bad enough and both of you have the best intentions.

Trust me, when you finally get here and have been here for a year or two you will know exactly why we feel the need to poke fun at the way things are handled here.
Sometimes if you don't laugh, you will lose your mind. LOL It's almost comical at times.

All my best to you,

#15758 - 08/01/02 11:28 AM Re: Barrier Reef to be sold
Enigma Offline
Hmmmm...Let me think about that topless bar thing.

I was going to approach Fido's about buying into their topless bar. I saw [#%!] flying everywhere there the other night.
I didn't realize that it had become a topless bar....LOL

I think you better offer me a better deal than they can come up with!

Let the dealing begin!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 72 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.