Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
K
5-2 after Sunday!

Why do we give advice for people to go to other countries on a Belizean web-site?

yeh, My thoughts exactly Pedro.....

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
THAT SHUDDAH BEEN ''SENCORED''

Sorry Silk, I agree the hotels in San Pedro are more expensive than in Guatemala, but I went to Myanmar a few years back, and hotels over there are really cheap! - perhaps that would be an idea?

Live and let live
"I work on cruise ships, usually for 3 months at a time, and then get a month off.

It's that month off that I'd like to spend in Belize. But it has to be temporary housing. And cheap!"

I do believe he really wants to stay in Belize!

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
Here it is point blank.... you can not live on the cayes for $100-200 a month, not even on Caye Caulker. I have lived here for 3 years and live very simply, on the "cheap" backpacker island. My rent for my apartment is 250 U.S. a month, my food is probably 150 a month-I cook at home. I'm a vegetarian (mostly) and I dont drink much (alcohol). If you get down to the basic local diet, rice, beans, fish that you catch yourself with a hand line for free, coconuts that you pick for free, corn tortillas, local grown fuits and vegetables like cabbage, onions, carrots, plantains, bananas, papaya, pineapple. I live on about $500 U.S. a month. That figure doesnt include travel or internet. When someone says... "I dont need much..." I think they are kidding themselves, and I dont encourage anyone to come here unless they have money. I've seen too many people fail, or struggle too much and then feel beat down. Anyway... not that you asked me any of this. The answer is yes, Guatemala is much cheaper to live. The hotel you were referring to was the Miramar here on Caye Caulker? I think you can get a room for $10 U.S. a night x 30 = $300 U.S. a night. Belize is the most expensive country in Central America to live, but for the Caribbean its cheap. Most places in Mexico are less expensive than Belize. I love it here and dont want to live anywhere else.

C
C
So why aren't you here Moose?

Sorry, sorry silk; I'm not that rich! - Myanmar is a country - I believe Miramar is the native pronunciation.
Thanks Chis, for your positive input as usual!

Live and let live
I am constantly surprised at the comments on this board -let someone come and visit -if they like the country they will stay-if they do not they will leave-feeling sorry for some peasant who wants to live on a hundred dollars per month,and advising him to go to Guatamala is still not of much help to him or the islands economy-this board is purely for info on Belize,and basically who cares how much someone can save by living in another country-remember Belize is english speaking has a huge ex-pat community and caters almost entirely to North Americans which most of our visitors appreciate.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.