Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Isn't chismera a spanish word that means gossiping woman, gossip monger or tattletale? Correct me if I'm wrong.

L
L
Yes, silkpainter it does mean gossiping woman

R.B. Mernitz
if there were mass reserves of fossil fuel in belize the government would already be exploiting it.
we are the ones that care about the reef and the ecology of the land. otherwise there would not be the dam controversy or loaded up pampers littered on the islands after cruisers stop for the day.

Gay,
AMEN!!!!

G
G
I found less offense to Belize's efforts to protect its marine environment in this post than the one on collecting marine life for personal use. I started to fully answer that post also (as that is an issue I have dealt with for many years while being employed as a marine science educator in a public aquarium and a national marine advisory program here in the US).
I also have experience with both of these issues when I worked in Belize and served on numerous committees, including the Bacalar Chico Advisory Committee, CZM Advisory Committe, and the MRC Comittee, to name a few.
I don't know if George Hobbs has underlying motives for his query,and that is all it seem to be - a question. However, if he were entertaining ideas of oil or natural gas exploration in Belize, and the GOB agreed to a concession, it would still have to go through the review process, an EIA would have to be done, and it would have to meet all the legislative acts in Belize, including the Petroleum Act, the EPA Act, Wildlife Protection Act, Oil Spill Contingency Plan, etc.
Finally, if your concern about Belize's natural resources are genuine, then become more involved and vocal about the issues affecting Belize's natural environment that are really pressing, as Gay and David said: cruise ship industry, the damn dam, land-based pollution and runoff.
PS and please be aware that I will not respond to any personal email requests that are sent under a pseudonym.

J
J
GEEZ CHISMERA,why be so harsh? we all came to SAn Pedro for peace and love-Chill out- we are only trying to protect one of the last pieces of paradise.

Chesmira, da weh yu come fram?

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
Dang, don't pop a vein in your neck over it!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.