Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
anybody out there know about tha history of oil and gas exploration in Belize? i know some work has been done before in areas adjacent to the borders with Mexico,can anyone help? thanks

Do you realize how oil and gas exploration destroys ecotourism? Do you remember what happened in Ecuador in the early 90s? This is a really weird place to do research on an exploration project. What are you really fishing for?

G
G
I know that some offshore exploratory wells were drilled a while back and I think they were deemed non-worthy. A few years ago, drilling was supposed to commence offshore of the Gladden Spit area. This was before Gladden Spit was declared a protected area. Not up to date on this info though. Best bet, is to contact Ms. Evadne Wade with Dept. of Geology.

J
J
mr hobbs, stay in texas and out of belize, which you did not even spell right in your profile!!! we chose belize for its clean air and protected waters, this is one piece of paradise that will not be paved and drilled to make some one get rich!!!

J
J
Earth to moose!!! " They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" one paved road is enough!!!!!

J
J
Earth to moose!!! " They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" one paved road is enough!!!!!

Geez Gail, why didnt you post the email address and phone also? In case you're wondering, I'm being sarcastic.

C
C
You people are all screwed! The history that he is asking for is extensive. Theres been much work done here by various oil companies searching for oil but all with poor results. All very discouraging to any future researchers. But you'd rather hastle him, right?
Go back where you came from... or stay there!

Chismera, when you don't like the boarders, please find another forum - you can go to: http://www.belizeforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Would be so much nicer for you and us.

Live and let live
The problem is that the soil of Belize is full of caves and caverns; they can't locate oil, although it should be there. I have heard that there is at least one area where it surfaces. Spoke to an engineer who tried to find a way to locate oil, but for now the technology doesn't allow it to be found - that is in commercial interesting quantities.

Live and let live
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.