Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15893 08/26/02 11:26 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone
just wondering if I could get some feedback from vacationers who have stayed at hidden valley inn and the maruba spa/resort -- we're going for our honeymoon and would like to find a place with pretty nice accomodations (at least, as nice as you can get in the jungle!) and these are two that we keep hearing things about here and there. Also, we were planning on going for five days to the mainland resort, and then spend 6 days at the Victoria House in AC.... is five days too long at a jungle resort? Would 4 days be sufficient? Please advise with comments on both resorts if you guys can!
Thanks so much.

#15894 08/26/02 11:37 AM
D
D
I highly recommend Maruba. They really pamper you.

If was was to get married again, I do everythign at Maruba.

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
#15895 08/26/02 12:35 PM
KC Offline
Maruba was beautiful, and I enjoyed lunch there on our way to Altun Ha. The pool was lovely and refreshing. But, I felt "confined" at Maruba. Claustrophobic. Everywhere around you is jungle. Their paths are beautiful, but everywhere you look there is jungle, even UP!... the sky was hidden. I'm sure I could handle a few days there (the pool area was not claustrophobic), especially if I got a massage and pampered every day! I am not trying to discourage you from going to Maruba. It was beautiful, especially if you like the jungle. My preference is to stay by the sea. But that's just ME.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#15896 08/26/02 01:23 PM
S
S
The most romantic spot in Belize would have to be the honeymoon cabana at Five Sisters Lodge (based on all the places I have been...) in the Mountain Pine Ridge.

Another good choice is Chan Chich, if you like walking in the jungle. Incredibly beautiful and wildlife everywhere.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#15897 08/26/02 06:18 PM
M
M
Hidden Valley Inn will reopen in November. No claustrophobia problems here-7200 acres of private property, dramatic vistas, 7 waterfalls on premises (one of which you can rent for yourselves privately for the full or 1/2 day-libations and picnic delivered. Ruins, caving, canoeing and horses nearby.

Maya Travel Services
#15898 08/26/02 06:18 PM
M
M
Hidden Valley Inn will reopen in November. No claustrophobia problems here-7200 acres of private property, dramatic vistas, 7 waterfalls on premises (one of which you can rent for yourselves privately for the full or 1/2 day-libations and picnic delivered. Ruins, caving, canoeing and horses nearby.

Maya Travel Services
#15899 09/04/02 03:38 PM
H
H
Have you looked at Kanantik Reef and Jungle Resort? www.kanantik.com

This newly opened resort has a beautiful setting on the mainland, right on the beach backed by jungle. They have an all inclusive package that really includes everything. Lodging, snorkeling and diving with equipment, ruins, river and jungletours, food and beverage, and in country airfare right to their private airstrip.

We were very impressed with our stay, everything was great right down to the monogrammed sheets. I believe it is the perfect mainland place for your honeymoon.

No matter where you go ... There you are!
#15900 09/06/02 10:58 AM
M
M
I stayed at the Hidden Valley in a few years ago and absolutely loved it! It is not very jungly though since it is actually high in the Mountain Pine Ridge area which is more of a subtropical forest...but you there is jungle on the property-just not where the cabana's are. I would definitely stay there again. We did 4 nights there, then 4 nights at Victoria House and really thought that it was enough time at both and a really nice way to see two totally different sides of Belize. I like your plan - lucky lucky!

#15901 09/07/02 05:30 PM
S
S
We recently left Maruba Resort for the fourth time in two years. We have stayed at many other places(So called Jungle Resorts) and vote Maruba to be by far the best of the best in the world. The service is impecable,
the grounds are vibrant and lush, with birds singing in the background, the food is at least a 5 ****** , and featured in Gourmet Magazine. My wife and I love the spa scence and their first hand( no Machines used) treatments along with their homemade natural products, just keep us coming back for more. There are many side trips you can do from there. San Pedro is just 1 hour by boat for diving/snorkling, several mayan ruins close by, the Baboon Sanctuary is half an hour.
We always go there on the last part of our trip to get our bodies ready for home. The airport is only about 30 miles.
I would reccomend this place . they know how to treat you like kings!
Seaman

website; www.maruba-spa.com
1-800-maruba-7

[This message has been edited by seaman (edited 09-07-2002).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 165 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.