Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
We are leaving from Florida in a 37' Pacemaker Convertible Sedan at the beginning of the year and are looking for advice from anyone who has made this trip.Thanks, Glen.

//ambergriscaye.com/xaloc/panama.html

I can't remember who put the post, but he or she was correct....CALL AHEAD and ask for local help when you're ready to negotiate the San Pedro Cut. At present there are NO markers for the cut. You can make the call for assistance on Channel 16. Do not become tomorrow's photo op for this message board!

Aside from that.....once you're safely inside the reef and anchored up you'll have plenty of time to seek the best advice for a long term stay in Belize's lovely waters.

Whoever pulled the post.....why did you do it? Calling for help when negotiating the Cut HAS to be the best advice anyone can give.

Glen,

http://members.tripod.com/benschuetz/index.htm

I found this to be some very interesting reading & it may contain some helpful info & hints for you. Keep us posted on the Message Board about your progress, trials & tribulations before & during your trip. I would really like to hear about it as I hope to make the same trip some day. Good luck. See you in San Pedro.

Sammy So-So

The post wasn't pulled, it's under the About Ambergris Caye category. There are two posts with the same topic.

You're quite right, Janet, sorry about that!

B
OP Offline
B
Thank you for the info,you were all very helpful.

Glen,

"Cruising Guide to Belize & Mexico's Carribbean Coast" by Freya Rauscher. An excellent book with lots of maps & information. If you don't have it, get it. It will be very helpful in your cruising journey to San Pedro.

Sammy So-So

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks Sammy So So! I picked up that guide and it has been an excellent source of info, and the charts are very specific. Glenn

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.