For those who will be visiting the beautiful Buckeye State in the future, remember these basic driving rules:
BASIC RULES FOR DRIVING IN OHIO
1. Turn signals will give away your next move. A real Ohio driver never uses them.
2. Under no circumstance should you leave a safe distance between you and the car in front of you, or the space will be filled in by somebody else, putting you in an even more dangerous situation.
3. The faster you drive through a red light, the smaller the chance you have of getting hit.
4. Never, ever come to a complete stop at a stop sign. No one expects it and it will result in you being rear-ended.
5. Braking is to be done as hard and late as possible to ensure that your ABS kicks in, giving a nice, relaxing foot massage as the brake pedal pulsates. For those of you without ABS, it's a chance to stretch your legs.
6. Never pass on the left when you can pass on the right. It's a good way to scare people entering the highway.
7. Speed limits are arbitrary figures, given only as a suggestion and are apparently not enforceable in Ohio during rush hour.
8. Just because you're in the left lane and have no room to speed up or move over doesn't mean that a Ohio driver flashing his high beams behind you doesn't think he can go faster in your spot.
9. Always slow down and rubberneck when you see an accident or even someone changing a tire.
10. Learn to swerve abruptly. Ohio is the home of the high-speed slalom driving thanks to the State Highway Department, which puts potholes in key locations to test drivers' reflexes and keep them on their toes.
11. It is traditional in Ohio to honk your horn at cars that don't move the instant the light turns green.
12. Remember that the goal of every Ohio driver is to get there first by whatever means necessary.
13. In the Ohio area, 'flipping someone the bird' is considered a polite Ohio salute. This gesture should always be returned.
THANK YOU & HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY