Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#16120 - 01/31/03 09:34 PM I finally traveled outside of Big Falls!
sarahsmile Offline
Wow! I finally did some real traveling throughout the country and what a grand time I had! I was just reading some of the threads about Cayo and it all sounds so familiar now-Santa Elena, Santa familia, Bullett Tree,Cristo Rey,Xunantunich(fabulous), Cahal Pech(incredible), the Botanical Gardens, Duplooy's and so much more. I feel like 3 weeks based out of San Ignacio has really helped me to undersand the surrounding area. Not to mention making a regular trip out of taking the bus from north to south and back north again! I feel like a regular pro! NoW I am home and there are no bus stops I feel like I am missing out on something..or else I just got lazy and dont feel like driving in traffic any more! No I know I am missing the fresh fruit in bags for a dollar...mmmm thats what I miss!
What an experience I tell ya! Man! And Caye Caulker looks better than ever as they keep rebuilding!
I did get violent V and D one night in Hopkins after eating Snapper though, but a resident's natural/herbal remedy tea worked well- my friends brought it back to the house and boiled it specially for me! Funny that is what I was there to study and I got to experience natural healing first hand! Impressive!
The other incredible experience was having a session with Miss Beatrice Waight, a Traditional Healer in Santa Familia. That was amazing!
I will try to get some pictures up shortly.

#16121 - 01/31/03 09:58 PM Re: I finally traveled outside of Big Falls!
Marty Online   happy
Hey Sarah, good to hear from you again! sounds exciting! looking forward to seeing your pictures!

isn't that area just SSOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!

#16122 - 01/31/03 10:33 PM Re: I finally traveled outside of Big Falls!
sarahsmile Offline
hey marty i know you get this all the time but what is the best way to post pics? i did shutterfly b4 so i guess i will do that again.

#16123 - 01/31/03 10:37 PM Re: I finally traveled outside of Big Falls!
Marty Online   happy
Hi Sarah, yeah, those online thingys work as well as anything!

#16124 - 02/01/03 10:12 AM Re: I finally traveled outside of Big Falls!
denverdan Offline
WOW Sarah, ya never told us you were going back. Was this with school again, or just plain pleasure?
Can't wait for the pixs!

#16125 - 02/01/03 11:38 AM Re: I finally traveled outside of Big Falls!
klcman Offline
Sarah -

Write more! We all love to live vicariously through others when we cannot be there. Look forward to your pics!

Are you going back with school summer 2003?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (JaHo, Marty, cracked up, 1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,725 Topics
461,274 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.