Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#16126 - 02/01/03 10:00 PM My pics from the "rest" of Belize!!!!!!!
sarahsmile Offline
Ok here's the pix:

Ahhh well I guess I have to admit I was staying away from the board 1)because I got busy at school and 2)after writing about what a nice guy Mr. Shal was, he went and used me as an example in one of his outspoken articles so I was a bit embarased after that! No worries you all probably have no clue which article I am refering to anyways!!!!
So yeah I went back for a whole month! This was not through my school it was through a volunteer organization called the Cornerstone Foundation, a non profit org. I went there in San Ignacio to study Natural Healing! I had the opportunity to meet healers, bush masters, snake doctors and a traditional midwife in practice for 50 years! I actually recieved an international scholarship to attend. It was fantastic and btw I may be headed back to hike Victorias Peak in April!

And GEEE ya gotta love that Spanish Lookout ice cream!!!!!! Mm'mmm Good!

#16127 - 02/01/03 10:13 PM Re: My pics from the "rest" of Belize!!!!!!!
NYgal Offline
Your trip looked like a wonderful time. You're one lucky girl to have the opportunities.
Thanks for sharing with us.

#16128 - 02/01/03 10:40 PM Re: My pics from the "rest" of Belize!!!!!!!
denverdan Offline
Great pixs Sara!
Now ya know you were supposed to take Anne next time you went...
What happened to that? wink

#16129 - 02/01/03 10:46 PM Re: My pics from the "rest" of Belize!!!!!!!
sarahsmile Offline
Not to advertise or anything but I highly recommend Teddy the tour guide who us gals picked up...he's the cutie in the pink plaid shirt in all my pics! He's a certified tour guide for the San Ignacio area and he is the sweetest guy I've ever met! He took us canoeing in a cave at Barton's Creek at Mike's Place??? then horseback riding, not to mention other unexpected adventures!
Teddy Waight vlteddy@yahoo.com
He's trying to get his own buisness going to educate people about the importance of ecotourism and his Mayan (history) culture.
Just thought I'd put that out there...FYI if anyone's interested.

#16130 - 02/01/03 10:53 PM Re: My pics from the "rest" of Belize!!!!!!!
sarahsmile Offline
Sring break Hopie, Spring break! She better be ready!!!!! No, seriously, my friend that teaches at UB is organizing the troops to be camp counselors for the new summer camp at the Central Farm Campus in Cayo. The mission...hike Victoria's Peak!
Its like April 12-????? spring break time. I'll take her as long as I get the money to go...that's right around the corner ya know! Maybe she could participate with Pio in his camp this summer?????? If she wants to start putting ideas together for activities, I'd be more than happy to hear any suggestions...I am working on a curriculum...(ok I will be....one of these days!)
laugh eek :rolleyes: cool

#16131 - 02/02/03 10:10 AM Re: My pics from the "rest" of Belize!!!!!!!
o jackie Offline
Great Pictures Sarah!
What kind of camera did you use? Looking for a digital,those came out great.

#16132 - 02/02/03 02:07 PM Re: My pics from the "rest" of Belize!!!!!!!
sarahsmile Offline
My mum got it for me as a gift...Olympus D-550 zoom 3.0 megapixel. She says they run about $299.00 but she got some deal plus the memory cards are like $80.00 for 64mb (smartmedia). It is a good investment because I like being able to see the pictures as I am taking them so I know if they turned out or not! My issue is that I took so many pics I cant figure out the best way to turn them into pictures. My mum's got this system to do it myself but I just dont have the time!

#16133 - 02/02/03 02:08 PM Re: My pics from the "rest" of Belize!!!!!!!
sarahsmile Offline
the camera still worked even though I dropped it 4 times!

#16134 - 02/02/03 02:26 PM Re: My pics from the "rest" of Belize!!!!!!!
Marty Online   happy
GREAT pics sarah, really enjoyed them, smiled a lot looking thru them... thanks for sharing. sure looks like you had some wonderful fun people with you!!!

and you do have a beautiful smile!!!!!!

#16135 - 02/02/03 03:55 PM Re: My pics from the "rest" of Belize!!!!!!!
Mexicana Offline
WOW!! Sarah you did a wonderful job of bringing back my memories of jungle trips and the fantastic faces of the Belize people.

MUCHAS GRACIAS!! So how long are you going for in April? laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Marty, Pokey, 3 invisible), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,232 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.