Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16228 02/27/03 05:35 PM
G
OP Offline
G
I am interested in staying at this resort in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have feedback about this area and hotel? I have two children, 6 and 9, and am looking for a place that would cater to everyone in my family. One thing people have mentioned is that there may be issues regarding safety or crime. If anyone has any valuable information regarding this, please let me know. Thanks.

#16229 02/27/03 06:43 PM
G
G
Can't tell your about Turtle Inn; but Placencia is a wonderful place - the people are wonderful, there's a cool sidewalk (I think mostly repaired from the last hurricane) that runs right thru the town. Quaint, laid-back, relaxing...all fit Placencia!

#16230 02/27/03 09:34 PM
WE'VE NEVER STAYED AT TURTLE INN AND PROBABLY NEBVER WILL JUST CUZ IT'S A LITTLE FURTHER FROM THE VILLAGE THAN WE PREFER. THAT BEING SAID WE HAVE BEEN TO PLACENCIA AREA THE PAST THREE YEARS AND I CAN'T IMAGINE A PLACE WITH LESS SECURITY CONCERNS. I THINK THAT TURTLE INN WILL HAVE MORE TO OFFER ON FAMILY PLAN THAN THE PLACES WE HAVE BEEN AS IT APPEARS TO BE MORE RESORT THAN ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE PENECIULA(SP). GO TO SIENE BIGHTE JUST TO THE NORTH OF WHERE YOU WILL STAY JUST TO SEE SOME OF THE GARIFUNA CULTURE AND DEFINETLY SPEND SOME TIME IN THE VILLAGE OF PLACENCIA WONDERFUL PEOPLE. STILL SOME HURRICANE DAMAGE BUT COMPARED TO LAST YEAR THE PLACE IS SUPER...................... ENJOY DUANE

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
#16231 02/28/03 11:47 AM
I haven't seen the new Turtle Inn since it opened in December -- I did see while it was under construction; feedback I've gotten about it so far is mixed:

* Some people who have stayed there or visited since it opened raved about it; others complained about the construction not being completed (as of about three weeks ago) and about the bareness of the grounds (many trees in that area were blown away by Iris.)

* Most everybody notes the high cost of the restaurant -- by far the priciest place on the peninsula. Good but not great most people say.

* Everybody, including some travel agents and locals, complain that the reservation system hasn't been working well. Getting e-mail response has been frustrating, several people have told me.

Until Turtle Inn gets the kinks out and proves itself, I will have to say that Inn at Robert's Grove is still the class act on the peninsula -- the condo suites in particular are fantastic, two pools, two restaurants, marina, on-site diving operation, tennis, workout room, hot tubs, free use of kayaks, small sailboats, etc. Very well run.

Robert's Grove does charge for young kids, whereas I think Turtle Inn does not.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.