Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#162944 - 04/16/04 02:03 AM Not Sure ?
Ernie B Offline
I know there are some people that are not sure if they want to put their money in this project. I am utterly amazed that some people who claim to have San Pedro at the center of their priorities have rejected this effort. I am amazed that we have not had more support from the "Other Side". This is not about personalities, rather about a central effort to help a generally acceptd problem. If you are with holding your contribution because of personal reasons, please put them aside, this is way to important to let that come into play. We have been asked to build a kitchen along with grills/ovens etc., etc. If this were not an issue, why would this come up from the school admin. I don't have a personal agenda. Not running for office, company car or anything else. Please help us support this cause.

Ernie

#162945 - 04/16/04 05:16 AM Re: Not Sure ?
Teenah Offline
Ernie,

I'm not sure who you are speaking of when you refer to the "other side". I haven't kept up much with your SPSC info, not because I don't support your cause, but because I know there's not a snowball's chance in hell that I'll be able to attend your party. My quick visits to the message board are spent glancing at headings that peak my interest and admittedly I haven't kept abreast of your fundraising and party plans. Congratulations...your "not sure" post got my attention, and I would like to help. Since I don't have the time to go through all of the SPSC
posts, would you be so kind as to post how I can best contribute and where you would like me to send it? I may be naive, but I never realized that there was any friction on the board over this issue. If there is, I don't understand why there's a problem when you are doing good work that benefits so many. Please remember that some of us contribute in other ways. It doesn't necessarily mean that we don't feel that your cause is not worthwhile. For me, there is only so much of the pie to go around...but there's a little slice left to help. Best wishes for a successful fundraiser. smile

Teenah

#162946 - 04/16/04 07:11 AM Re: Not Sure ?
skullyboy Offline
Ernie, I'm sending a check Tommorrow(today) for a raffle ticket for Teenah because it's all for a good cause. Right. Because all we need is love.

#162947 - 04/16/04 01:23 PM Re: Not Sure ?
Teenah Offline
Thanks Skullyboy.

Ernie, I got up very early this morning so that I could go back over your SPSC posts. I will be putting a check in the mail to you today as per your instructions.

#162948 - 04/16/04 01:57 PM Re: Not Sure ?
GAY AND DAVID Offline
David and i are sure!
we have been in contact and joining forces with ernie since the conception of last years party.
i feel like it began as a group of individuals with a common interest. the love of san pedro and belize.
we knew that we could possibly be on the island vacationing at the same time, and, the folks lucky enough to live and operate businesses there are faces we see on each visit.
as a result, we are making an effort to do some good as well.
please only give if you feel that you can and by all means stay within your budget.
we are hoping that this years party will be well attended.

#162949 - 04/16/04 03:17 PM Re: Not Sure ?
Ernie B Offline
Teena/scully, Thank you for your support. If it were not for people like yourselves and all the folks who have supported this project, it would certainly be a failure. There are some excellent raffle prizes (with excellent odds) that someone is going to win ! Why shouldnt it be YOU ! Remember, your check must be postmarked by 4/25/04 in order to reach me and for me to send a confirmation back to you. So, get them in the mail ASAP.

Ernie

#162950 - 04/16/04 03:26 PM Re: Not Sure ?
Denny Shane Offline
Well...personally, people have their reasons for both giving and not giving. I am thankful to the people that have reasons for giving. And to the people that don't give... whatever their reasons are we have to respect them.

I am just happy those that can afford it.... do...
and to those that don't... that's ok also. I know their best wishes are with the success of this event.

Sure there are those that smirk... the world is full of smirkers. They do not fall into either of the above categories. Let's not waste unproductive time recognizing the smirkers of the world.

My time is much better spent thinking of the efforts and the children of San Pedro.

To borrow a passage that I like:
"And a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, speak to us of children.

And he said:
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you, they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and he bends you with his might that his arrows may go swift and far.

Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as he loved the arrow that flies, so he loves also the bow that is stable.

Now, having said that... there are people that have just read that and are thinking... man, he has gone off the deep end. It wasn't written here for those people. The people that read it and understand it, and also know how it applies to this cause and these little children are the people that it was intended for...

Now I'll shutup... eek

#162951 - 04/16/04 08:46 PM Re: Not Sure ?
Ernie B Offline
Well put, Denny. Thank you.

#162952 - 04/17/04 04:44 AM Re: Not Sure ?
kerry Offline
excellent denney wink

#162953 - 05/05/04 06:18 AM Re: Not Sure ?
denverdan Offline
Ya know if everyone on the board sent some kind of donation... $5.00, $10.00, $25.00, bla, bla, it doesn't matter how small or how large, a lot of kids would be fed!
How much has the Island given you all that have visited??? Is it worth a tax deduction donation of a few bucks???
hummmm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.