Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#164831 - 06/09/04 08:28 PM Bequia
Islenutt Offline
Just wondering if any of you have been there?
Always adding potential islands to my list to visit...
laugh

#164832 - 06/09/04 09:24 PM Re: Bequia
CHOOCHOO Offline
No, but it looks interesting, although it appears to be far more developed than SP. Been to Grenada once and it was so so. This looks like it could have possibilities. I would imagine that airfare could be fearsome.

#164833 - 06/09/04 09:42 PM Re: Bequia
Islenutt Offline
Actually with American frequent flyer miles it is a great deal. Only 25,000 miles to Barbados and then a short flight to Bequia for about $280.
The time it takes to get there could be troublesome if you are on a tight schedule.

#164834 - 06/10/04 05:10 AM Re: Bequia
Windjammer Offline
I have been to Bequia but unfortunately can't tell ya much about it. It was 10 years ago while on a 13 day Windjammer barefoot cruise (which was fabulously fun). We were there for the day, I got off the ship after I woke up (afternoon) and other shipmates fed me drinks & shots of Everclear (pure grain alcohol). I stumbled back to the pier to await the launch back to the ship but instead dove off the pier fully clothed & decided I could swim back to the ship (NOT). They dragged me out of the water & back on the pier until the launch arrived after convincing me the launch would not see me & could run over me. Once safely in the launch where they knew where I was I still tried to jump out & swim. Took a few large crew members to keep me onboard to the ship which once onboard I passed out. :rolleyes: laugh

#164835 - 06/10/04 08:16 AM Re: Bequia
seashell Offline
Sounds like a great place, Windjammer! wink

#164836 - 06/10/04 02:17 PM Re: Bequia
silkpainter Offline
Hey Isle, I got your note.
--Lee

#164837 - 06/10/04 02:29 PM Re: Bequia
Denny Shane Offline
and becky, now that ship has your picture all over it with a sign "Do Not EVER Allow this Woman onboard." eek

#164838 - 06/10/04 05:12 PM Re: Bequia
coolcat Offline
How about Fiji?Anyone ever been/tried to live/work there?I gather it's hard to stay longer than 30 days.
Same questions for Sey Chelles??
I've heard only the best things about Bequia and the Grenadines too.

#164839 - 06/10/04 05:35 PM Re: Bequia
Denny Shane Offline
Well heck, since everyone is asking....how about Hoboken, N.J.? Is there a nightlife? What should I bring and what should I not bring? Is there a beach? Can I go topless? oh, and how much will this all cost me? eek

#164840 - 06/10/04 05:39 PM Re: Bequia
Islenutt Offline
Lee - Glad you got the note. Just wanted to say hi. We actually came in twice as my friend had to come back and buy a print she saw. Great stuff!

The Windjammer cruises look like a blast. Maybe a combination cruise and land vacation to be able to see more of islands.

Seychelle is one of those places that you need a really long vaca to visit. It would take me two days just to get there. Somehow I think it would be well worth it. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.