Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#16498 - 04/10/03 08:58 AM Sarteneja
Oranges Offline
Any comments on Fernando's Seaside Guesthouse or Krisami in Sarteneja. Have decided to spend a few days in this area while we're in Belize in June and haven't been able to find commens on either of these places. Are there any other places to stay in Sarteneja?

#16499 - 04/10/03 09:15 AM Re: Sarteneja
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Fernando's and Krisami's are both okay -- very clean, basic, family-run. Both are small, like four rooms, and Krisami's is just two or three. There's another place, next to Krisami's -- think it's called Camdali's. I believe you can also still stay at Shipstern in the bunkhouse.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#16500 - 04/10/03 04:43 PM Re: Sarteneja
Pedro1 Offline
Perfect answer Lan

#16501 - 04/10/03 06:48 PM Re: Sarteneja
mayatravel Offline
I liked Fernandos. Family of fisherman. Great lunch and they had a few really nice large rooms on the seafront. Good prices too. Not alot to do around there, but fun drive. Shipstern is an interesting reserve, has all five species of cats. Runs from there way across to Honeycamp Lagoon.

If you are driving from Belize City, stop at Victors in Petville for a meal, just outside of OW town. Great pibil and other yucateca foods.
Maya Travel Services

#16502 - 04/10/03 09:32 PM Re: Sarteneja
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
I second Victor's. Katie turned me on to it, and I had a fine meal there last year.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#16503 - 04/10/03 09:45 PM Re: Sarteneja
Oranges Offline
Thanks everyone for the response. Don't know yet if we'll be going from BC to Sarteneja or on our way back North from Placencia, but will try to snoop out Victors either way. What is Pilbil? I think we are leaning toward Krisami's simply because the advertising mentions Air Cond. and not so with Fernando's. Not much to do sounds great to us and hubby is really interested in boats and boat buidling, so that suits him fine also. Plan on spending some time in the reserve also. He's bugging me to buy a pair of high-top hicking boots because of fire ants and such (I'm allergic to the little buggers). I think a pair of sneaks should do just fine for hiking through the brush, I hope.

#16504 - 04/10/03 09:48 PM Re: Sarteneja
Oranges Offline
Sorry, that should be hiking boots not hicking boots. That makes for a silly picture. laugh

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 50 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,169 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.