Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#165075 - 06/23/04 07:58 PM What is a crime
Pedro1 Offline
I would like to know what people think is a crime and what is not in SP.
1. Is drug dealing a crime?
2. Is drug taking a crime?
3. Is drug purchasing a crime?
4. Is burglary a crime?
5. Is drinking alcohol to excess a crime?
6. Hoolaganism?
7. basic Robbery?
8. Breaking the laws of Belize?

lastly should we as board members etc. follow the laws of Belize or should we follow what we think ought to be the laws.

#165076 - 06/23/04 08:17 PM Re: What is a crime
scubabarbi Offline
cool Well as Bill Clinton would ask, "What is your definition of is"? laugh

#165077 - 06/23/04 08:33 PM Re: What is a crime
lovey and thurston Offline
Well, The jury may be out on #5, but yes we should follow the laws of Belize if we reside or visit in the country. What we think "should be the laws" might well be defined as anarchy.
R.B. Mernitz

#165078 - 06/23/04 08:37 PM Re: What is a crime
Jock Dawson Offline
An overly simple and imperfect answer might be: If there is a written law prohibiting an act and said act is committed, that would be a crime. Unfortunately, I don't know of one place anywhere where you'll find all of the written laws equally enforced. That's because the power base in the community allows and protects this situation. Personally I am a mind your own business and I'll mind mine person. If drugs were legalized you could choose to engage in the commerce and use of same, or not. It would remove the black market aspects. Sure you would still have your share of hopeless dopeheads, just like you have your share of hopeless drunks. You'll always have your share of hopeless assh*les too, but its only a fraction of humanity. My problem with the crime situation as it exists in San Pedro/AC is that is hipocritical, and that's a nice word for it. Communities are how the members want them to be. San Pedro is still one of the best places to be, but it like every other place is dynamic and is subject to change according to its community's mores and needs and desires. That's what the Chamber is trying to get going, a community that will respond to all of the issues that affect it negatively in this case. Crime, drugs, potholes, hurricanes, the list goes on. No need to shut down the discussions. People will still visit and spend their money.

#165079 - 06/23/04 11:54 PM Re: What is a crime
Pedro1 Offline
I give in most people obviously want crime to be compartmentalised in SP-Drugs are(from what I can see) are wanted/needed by visitors and residents in SP-I would like the chamber to vote one way or the other-
The vote would be -We actively support the useage of drugs on Ambergris Caye or we as a responsible body of people decry the breaking of the laws of Belize.

#165080 - 06/24/04 06:56 AM Re: What is a crime
Denny Shane Offline
I agree with every single word you wrote... 100% but before I go any further let me take just one more toke here and I should be fine... eek Geez, that Instant Gremlin looks so cool.....

#165081 - 06/24/04 09:50 AM Re: What is a crime
toad Offline
Crime: the attaining by natural or artificial selection of perfect breasticles and not showing them to me....

#165082 - 06/24/04 11:35 AM Re: What is a crime
Denny Shane Offline
I'm trying to imagine "perfect breasticles" and I don't think I like what I am imagining... eek eek

#165083 - 06/24/04 12:05 PM Re: What is a crime
KWIBMF Offline
I would like to know the answer to #5. Is it legal to stagger down the beach after too many Belikins, or was I just lucky not getting thrown in jail on dozens of occasions?

#165084 - 06/24/04 12:14 PM Re: What is a crime
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
staggering babe

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (wade the gringo, 1 invisible), 38 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,684 Topics
461,181 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.