Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#165353 - 06/28/04 10:28 AM Priceline experience?
govikes Offline
Never used it before - will NEVER use it again. Had reservations to BZE, nonstop leaving DFW on American. I just received an e-mail today saying my itinerary has changed: I now am supposed to fly to Miami on American, sit there for 2 hrs and then fly to BZE; same thing on the way back. So what was a 2 1/2 hr flight from DFW for me has now turned into a 5 1/2 hr trip. Anyone ever had this happen and do you know if it will do any good to b---- at Priceline or American?

#165354 - 06/28/04 11:21 AM Re: Priceline experience?
Denny Shane Offline
Why wouldn't you fly/hop on over to Houston and leave from there?

#165355 - 06/28/04 11:23 AM Re: Priceline experience?
govikes Offline
I booked it thru crappy old priceline. I've been informed American no longer has a non-stop on the day I'm flying and that they only fly from Miami on that day (Wednesday). Live and learn - my lesson: no Priceline and all my flights to BZE will now be on Continental from now on.

#165356 - 06/28/04 11:37 AM Re: Priceline experience?
Denny Shane Offline
Houston has both Continental and TACA.... I think CO has a morning flight and an afternoon. TACA only has one flight... if it leaves on time or at all even. eek Plus I could come to the airport and bring you water, a sandwich or whatever else you might need. eek

#165357 - 06/28/04 05:37 PM Re: Priceline experience?
captjeff Offline
govikes when are you going ,??? i fly on americian ,newark to miami,change planes wait two hr's all the time ,not to bad .have done longer layovers ,thats what bars are .for ...
Living The Dream Every Day!

#165358 - 06/28/04 05:41 PM Re: Priceline experience?
Zagnut Offline
...or book directly thru AA. Sounds like Priceline is the one who doesn't have their act together...not American.

#165359 - 06/28/04 06:55 PM Re: Priceline experience?
NYgal Offline
We used them one time, went to Wisconsin. I believe we could have driven most of the way there with the time we actually spent going to our local airport, to Chicago and it's delayed layover time and circled the airport a few times.

Then we had to wait for our friends. We phoned ahead to let them know of the long delays.... LONG LONG trip.

It was on Continental frown

It was a test, only a test and Priceline failed.
Time is money. We only were on a long weekend.

I guess things happen all over, but if we had been going to BELIZE.........yes, you bet I would have been more upset eek

#165360 - 06/29/04 12:00 AM Re: Priceline experience?
Windjammer Offline
Of course Denny would be expecting you to be wearing that white floozy dress to get all those special privileges. :rolleyes: :p

So when are you going back already? Waaaaaaaaaa, I'm jealous & I haven't even gotten there yet since last May & you've been twice since then. B&^%*

Love ya honey wink

#165361 - 06/29/04 02:31 AM Re: Priceline experience?
seashell Offline
Always remember and never forget . . .time is money. And on holiday time, it's far more important that you get where you want to go and when you want to get there, than it is to worry about a couple of hundred bucks difference on airfare.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#165362 - 06/30/04 07:27 PM Re: Priceline experience?
rickcheri Offline
But, don't you get to AC earlier than the direct flight????? Rick and I always booked the via Miami flight because we got on the island several hours earlier......C

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (ragman), 41 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.