Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jsiegel Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Can anyone recommend a great package that includes accommodations for two and a bunch of diving? Also any extras like shark Ray Alley, Lamanai River tour, or cave tubing would be great.

Looking for something inexpensive but comfortable. A/C a must. Also looking for recommendations on location. A friend of mine recommended against San Pedro. Do people prefer Caye Caulker?

Thanks,
Josh

In my opinion do not pay for a package of dives in advance. What do you do if you pay and the weather craps out? Typically you get NO refund. Most shops will start a tab with a credit card and you pay for what you dive and most are generous with some type of discount for multiple dives.

I recommend Protech highly. Amigos is great but their boats get crowded. Most shops will charter with Amigos for big trips like the Blue Hole, etc but for the local diving give Protech a shot.

I agree with RobertE, as far as booking a package goes.

You should be able to negotiate with any of the ops, so that your price per dive goes down if you end up diving a block of dives, ie: 10+.

However, if you are insistent on the package idea, then take a look at the Mayan Princess 7 day dive package. Great little hotel, fabulous balconies, perfect location for diving with their op, Amigos del Mar.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

D
D
I would also recommend Aqua Marina Suites for your request.

While Aqua Marian Suites is a good recommendation, their dive op is not high on the list.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

K
K
Agree with SS on the Mayan princess package. We got a good price for hotel and diving. excellent location, Amigos is almost directly in front of the hotel. 3rd floor balcony was great for relaxing and taking in the view.

Go to www.belizeisfun.com and check out Exotic Caye Beach resort. Nice place! Crazy Canucks Beach bar on site. Fun, fun place! Above ground pool. Really nice beach area. or email Kat @ [email protected]. She will give you an awesome rate on her one bedroom condo.

A
A
I would highly recommend Caribe Island, they are having great price for the slow season.

Available they have Junior Suites and Penhouses for families or a large group.

They also have a dive shop,rest,bar and giftshop, all to your conviniences.

angel
Inexpensive is vague. Compared to the south pacific, California and Hawaii, the diving is Belize is very inexpensive. Everything is relative. Only the trips out to the atolls is costly, but worth at least one trip. There are not a lot of operators who make this trip. Amigos is one, Aqua Divers, Ambergris Divers and Hustlers are the others.
Wait until you get here. Spend your first afternoon walking up and down the beach checking out the various options.
I strongly advise you to choose an operator you like and stick with them. This way you can leave your gear from day to day. I dive with Hustler and they clean and store my gear for me. When I arrive each morning everything is on the boat waiting for me.
I also do underwater photography and they know how to handle my cameras, what I am looking for and how to be underwater models. I've been diving with them since 1998.
Good luck and maybe I'll see you when you get here. I hang out at Wet Willy's Cantina & Grill - a very "cool" place.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.